The Civil Health Group of Leidos is seeking a Scrum Master in Baltimore/Rockville, MD to support the FDA SIRCE contract.
The SIRCE program supports the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Office of Regulatory Affairs (ORA) critical work to safeguard the foods, drugs, devices, biologics, and veterinary products that the Agency regulates. The program is split into two investments - Systems for Inspections, Recalls, Compliance Enforcement (SIRCE) and Imports. Imports Operations is one of the key functional areas within FDA. Headquarters and field staff utilize several systems to process entries of imported FDA-regulated commodities. Entry Review and the Operational and Administrative System for Import Support (OASIS) are the primary components used by field staff to perform entry review, record fieldwork results, and to make compliance and admissibility decisions. Predictive Risk-Based Evaluation and Dynamic Import Compliance Targeting (PREDICT) is utilized to perform risk-based screening of entries coming to FDA from Customs and Border Protection's (CBP) Automated Commercial Environment(ACE). Import Trade Auxiliary Communications System (ITACS) is utilized to allow the Import trade community to view and send updates for open entries stored in the OASIS database. Prior Notice Manager provides the staff of the Division of Food Defense Targeting (DFDT) with capabilities to review and process food imports subject to Prior Notice requirements.
Additionally, the ideal candidate will be a seasoned leader with a broad understanding of technology's impact. Energetic and self-motivated, the ideal candidate will be of a value-driven and customer-centric mindset. Key Responsibilities:
- Agile Ceremony Facilitation -
- Facilitate daily stand-ups, sprint planning, refinement, sprint review, retrospectives, and other related team and intra-team meetings
- Participate in sprint demonstrations and scrum of scrums
- Maintain and generate information radars for the teams
- Collect and share team metrics with the team, suggest new metrics, and drive improvement using metrics
- Ensuring that goals, scope, and product domain are understood by everyone on the team
- Ensuring that the technical team has a clear understanding of Definition of Done
- Drive stories to Ready state in preparation for the next quarter and upcoming sprint
- Prepare for sprint planning with the product owner and the team
- Work with the team and Product Owner/Manager to maintain a healthy backlog and plan upcoming releases and assist with drafting acceptance criteria
- Foster team collaboration and timely communication
- Encourage team to be proactive during all phases of the sprint.
- Work with the team to adapt to changes that yield better results
- Encourage an experimental and fail-fast mindset
- Remove impediments to the team's ability to perform by working closely with the team and stakeholders, including product owners, management, other teams, and the support organization
- Works with team to create and update team working agreement, the definition of ready, and definition of done
- Communicate the status of progress and impediments to internal and external stakeholders
- Facilitate cross-team coordination, tracking and following up with external dependencies
- Act as a buffer between external distractions and the team helping the team to keep focus.
- Protect the team and minimize disruptions.
- Coordinate with the configuration management analyst on environment setups & maintenance, code deployments, and production releases
- Builds high-performing teams by helping the team manage interpersonal conflicts, challenges, and opportunities for growth. Build trust among team members.
- Encourages brain-storming and creative thinking. Encourages the team to be confident and courageous, thinking outside the box
- Capture agile metrics as required for CMMI monitoring
- Coaches the team on agile and scrum principles with a goal of continuous improvement.
- Able to observe team dynamics, recognize strengths and weaknesses of individual team member's contributions, and coach them to improve.
- Create a fun sharing and learning environment, experimenting with various ideas to improve delivery including pair-programming and cross-functional training
- Promote teamwork to achieve sprint goals
- Lead the teams towards agile maturity
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment, across diverse systems and groups.
BS and 5+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 3+ years of prior relevant experience. Considered an emerging authority.
BS Degree in Computer Science preferred
- Experience applying scrum and growing teams as a fulltime Scrum Master for 5 years or more
- Experience-affecting change in organizations working towards agile adoption
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or similar agile project management certification (PMI-ACP)
- Experience using agile project management tools, preferably JIRA and Confluence
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Manages time extremely well, can quickly sense when an issue needs to be discussed or triaged
- Strong attention to detail and focus on task completion is critical
- Technology experience software development
- Experience working in with multi-disciplinary development teams
- Relevant understanding of CMMI Level 4 Concepts
- SAFe experience is a plus
- Experience as a Scrum Master at an organization that is committed to using agile as a core methodology to deliver business value
- Experience in any part of the software development lifecycle is a plus - as the developer, tester, analyst, product manager, project/program manager, etc.
- Experience with applying test automation, test-driven development, continuous integration, and continuous deployment to achieve built-in quality by the teams
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
U.S. citizenship or permanent resident status and the ability to pass a background investigation is required.