CGI's Lafayette, LA bsed On Shore IT Services Delivery Center has an opportunity for a Scrum Master to join our Cigna Healthcare, CIS team.
One of the most advanced and mature development areas in Cigna. This group uses most of the latest technologies in a very mature Agile environment. Great opportunity to stay ahead of the technology curve. Also, great business area in healthcare as this group focuses on clinical management of patients.
FUTURE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Simultaneously leading multiple teams to deliver value added features through several agile methodologies including Scrum, Kanban, XP, etc.
• Leads and facilitates critical team level agile ceremonies including sprint planning, backlog grooming, sprint demos, retrospectives, daily stand-ups, etc.
• Participates and prepares for train level agile ceremonies including program increment planning, system demos, and inspect & adapt workshops.
• Supports the teams estimating efforts. Guides them in establishing normalized estimating approach.
• Identifies risks and blockers and actively works to remove them from the path of the team.
• Help Team members communicate, coordinate and cooperate to ensure that the teams sprint and program increment goals are met.
• Balances scrum process enforcement with collaboration and adapts the agile process framework to the realities of the team culture and environment. Overly ridged approaches will fail.
• Coordinates with other Scrum Masters to synchronize cross team dependencies
• Embodies Lean-Aglie leadership behaviors by actively, and continually seeks out opportunities for and drives toward velocity improvements
• Leverages the Rally tool as the means to track work and status success, issues, risks and dependencies.
• Creates a positive team atmosphere where communication, collaboration, and team work defines the culture.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE
• Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Administration, Project Management or other related field or equivalent work experience.
• 2 years of direct experience leading agile teams as a scrum master
• 5-8 years of experience in information technology
• Strong problem-solving and critical-thinking skills with the ability to execute with limited information and ambiguity.
• Constant focus on what is possible and helping others to see the opportunity in the midst of challenge
• Strong communications skills. Ability to communicate across a diverse set of resources. Comfort delivering difficult messages in a fact based approach.
• Demonstrated experience facilitating agile delivery with globally distributed virtual teams
• Demonstrated ability to navigate a highly-matrixed organization effectively.
• Moderate to Advanced Microsoft Office suite skill level.
Advanced programming (functional) 2-5 years of experience
NoSQL databases 2-5 years of experience
Big data - data streams and data lakes 2-5 years of experience
SCalable languages such as Scala, Python and R 2-5 years of experience
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS/NON-ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
• Relative certifications: SAFe Agilist (SA) Certification, SAFe Practitioner (SP), Certified Scrum Master (CSM), and/or Project Management Professional (PMP)
• 5+ years of direct experience leading agile teams as a scrum master, or release train engineer
• Influencing skills (sound business and technical acumen as well as skilled at achieving buy-in or delivery strategies)
• Working knowledge of Rally software
• Working knowledge of Clarity PPM
• Adept at negotiating; able to resolve conflict and adapt to different approaches using a variety of tactics
• Ability to be highly effective in a rapidly-changing business and technology environment
Test Automation tools 2 years
Continuous Integration (CI)/Continuous Deployments (CD) 2 years
Minimum Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
We understand that success in the IT services business is contingent on retaining and attracting the best talent - talent like you. At CGI, our team of professionals is dedicated and driven to help our clients succeed.
At our Lafayette Center, we are looking for experienced professionals and graduating students interested in IT careers, focusing on those with demonstrated experience in IT and business, strong problem-solving abilities, and excellent interpersonal skills.
While most companies have a vision and mission, CGI goes a step beyond. We have a company dream: "To create an environment in which we enjoy working together and, as owners, contribute to building a company we can be proud of." This dream emphasizes the enjoyment and ownership principles that are essential to CGI's success.
In fact, we strive to create an environment where our professionals enjoy working together and feel empowered and engaged as owners to build their company and grow their careers. This dream as well as our values are what set us apart -