Kforce has a client in Ottumwa, IA that is seeking a Scrum Master Manager. The company offers a competitive compensation package including base salary, annual bonus, PTO, benefits, and 401K Matching. We are working directly with the Hiring Manager.
The Scrum Master Manager will provide leadership and team development in support of application software development efforts, manages, and develops software lifecycle processes in an enterprise Scrum organization. This role will have the ability to work from home 2 days a week.
Responsibilities of the Scrum Master Manager include:
* Scrum Master Manager will supervise the day-to-day activities of Scrum Masters within a department including administering performance reviews, progressive discipline, staffing, ensuring adequate initial and ongoing training, and ensure adherence to company and departmental policies, procedures, and standards
* Perform Scrum Master duties at the department-level including but not limited to coaching, facilitation of departmental planning, reporting metrics and acting as a manager for the Scrum Master team
* Accountable for ceremonies
* Cross team collaboration, building burn up charts, feeding velocity to the release manager to get better at knowing where we are and knowing where we are to meet dates
* As a Scrum Master Manager, you will lead a team of around 10 individuals
* Reinforce team adherence to proper business process engineering, software engineering, release management, portfolio management, project management and quality engineering practices
* Serve as Scrum process coach and create partnerships across areas of the company including Software Development (SDM), Product Owner (PO), Product Management (PdM), Project Management (PM), Portfolio Management, Project Sponsors and Executive Sponsors to aid in strategic, roadmap, inception and execution efforts
* BS degree from four-year college or university or equivalent work experience
* Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification or Professional Scrum Master (PSM I) required; Registered Corporate Coach certification is highly desired
* At least 5-7 years of experience as a Scrum Master
* Experience with overseeing a team including management responsibilities such as training, performance plans, discipline, hiring/firing, approving PTO, etc.
* Ability to lead a self-organizing team
* Experience with working in a business software development environment
* Understanding of fundamentals of software development processes in particular iterative software development
* Familiarity with all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
* Proficient knowledge and understanding of Agile software engineering practices
* Proficient knowledge and understanding of incremental delivery and the value of metrics
* Proficient knowledge and understanding of backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, and task definition
* Ability to communicate effectively with public and coworkers in a professional and courteous manner
* Ability to express ideas clearly both in written and oral communications
* Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
* Ability to define and achieve business goals and meet deadlines while working both independently and collaboratively
* Ability to successfully manage multiple, simultaneous initiatives and conflicting priorities
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.