At MassMutual, we're passionate about helping millions of people find financial freedom and this passion has driven our approach to developing highly interactive digital experiences for our customers. The Digital Experience team, part of MassMutual's ETX organization, is comprised of collaborative, cross-functional, product centric groups who like to have fun, challenge each other, and are energized to create innovative solutions that exceed the changing needs of our customers. We design, build, and support all of MassMutual's customer-facing digital assets.
To help us achieve our mission, we are hiring Scrum Masters to join our team.What great looks like in this role
Our ideal Scrum Master candidate is team-oriented, possesses excellent communication skills, and is skilled in and champions Agile concepts and practices. Managing all facets of agile project delivery including, but not limited to, sprint planning, scrum execution, team organization, project risk assessment, implementation and reporting.
You're also team-oriented and take a collaborative approach to working with others. With a flat leadership structure, the opportunity for flexibility within role, and development into other areas is a core reason most people desire to work in Digital Experience at MassMutual.Objectives of this role
Daily and monthly responsibilities
- Successfully lead and manage all facets of agile project delivery including, but not limited to, sprint planning, scrum execution, team organization, project risk assessment, implementation and reporting.
- Primary point of accountability to business sponsors and other parties for Agile execution of multiple large projects or medium to large programs that support complex enterprise or strategic corporate goals and where scope is subject to change, contains high complexity and high degree of risk, a large number of resources, and complex organizational change issues.
- The project/program will span multiple IT and/or business areas. Projects / programs will be concurrent and/or overlap.
- Accountable to manage and monitor project tasks and controls during project planning and delivery activities to ensure continuous delivery of quality features within scope and budget.
- Work with a high degree of autonomy and applies industry leading project and program management knowledge, skills, tools and techniques to project deliverables, processes, communications and presentations in order to meet or exceed stakeholder needs and expectations.
Skills and qualifications
- Accountable to business sponsor(s) and management to drive delivery of quality solutions tied to clearly understood business problem(s) and benefit(s) (provides updates dates, targets, etc)
- Develop, manage, monitor and report on all project/program tasks, activities, expectations, controls and deliverables
- Apply, promote and contribute to Agile delivery methodologies, standards and tools
- Interacts regularly with executives and/or key customers to provide consultation, influence, resolve complex issues and provide insight into commitments, targets and progress
- Remain focused on big picture and prioritize competing responsibilities
- Develops high performing project teams, setting a positive tone and leading by example
- Proactively removes blocker/barriers enabling project team to complete objectives
- Drive and influence decisions
- Drive lessons learned and knowledge retention for future use
- Acts as an Agile mentor/coach to other Scrum Masters or any Agile role
- 5 years of technical project management experience
- Has a significant technical or insurance/financial industry background
- Highly seasoned individual contributor with specialized skills and knowledge
- Authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship now or in the future
- Bachelor's degree
- 8 years of technical project management experience
- Subject matter expertise in one of the following business areas; Identity Access Management, Insurance Operations, Retirement Services Operations, Plan Administration, Record Keeping
- Experience managing projects in one of the following areas; Data Warehousing, Mobile, Web technologies (React)