A career in Information Technology, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to support our core business functions by deploying applications that enable our people to work more efficiently and deliver the highest levels of service to our clients. You'll focus on managing the design and implementation of technology infrastructure within PwC, developing and enhancing both client and internal facing applications within PwC, and providing technology tools that help create a competitive advantage for the Firm to drive strategic business growth. Our Information Technology Project Management team collaborates with PwC practice leaders to develop and deliver technology solutions. We provide project management oversight and collaborate with various project resources and vendors to ensure the appropriate methodology is followed, deliverable quality is high, and satisfaction is achieved. Simply put, you'll solve business problems using technology, work with multiple teams concurrently, and be able to take pride in end to end ownership of a project.
To really stand out and make us ?t for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Take action to ensure everyone has a voice, inviting opinion from all.
- Establish the root causes of issues and tackle them, rather than just the symptoms.
- Initiate open and honest coaching conversations at all levels.
- Move easily between big picture thinking and managing relevant detail.
- Anticipate stakeholder needs, and develop and discuss potential solutions, even before the stakeholder realises they are required.
- Develop specialised expertise in one or more areas.
- Advise stakeholders on relevant technical issues for their business area.
- Navigate the complexities of global teams and engagements.
- Build trust with teams and stakeholders through open and honest conversation.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct. Job Requirements and Preferences
: Basic Qualifications
: Minimum Degree Required
High School Diploma Minimum Years of Experience
6 year(s) of progressive roles managing IT project management and strategy development. Preferred Qualifications
: Degree Preferred
Bachelor Degree Preferred Fields of Study
Management Information Systems Certification(s) Preferred
Project Management Professional (PMP) or Certified Scrum Master (CSM)Preferred Knowledge/Skills
Demonstrates intimate abilities and/or a proven record of success as a team leader overseeing the delivery of technology solutions using agile methods and both onshore and offshore providers.
Demonstrates intimate abilities and/or a proven record of success as a team leader in project management roles including the use of traditional or agile methodologies to deliver Technology solutions including the following areas:
- Project Management tools such as HP PPM, MS TFS, Rally, MS Project, etc.;
- Project Financial Management using tools such as HPP PPM, Excel, etc. to monitor Budget, Actuals, ETC, EAC and related variances;
- Technology solution delivery for large projects/programs through a complete agile development lifecycle (backlog prioritization, sprint planning, tracking burn-down/velocity, etc.);
- Vendor management (onshore and offshore) including contractual stipulations and obligations established in Service Level Agreements and risk management/escalation;
- Cloud-based implementations and upgrades;
- Continuous Integration and DevOps; and
- Collaborative approach with team and vendor resources of a project throughout the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
Demonstrates intimate abilities and/or a proven record of success as a team leader in the following areas:
- Applying project management and agile knowledge to identify, escalate, and remove team impediments that jeopardize sprint goals;
- Influencing project team members to identify and address project issues, including leadership and interdependent teams, and to promote self-directed teams by enabling open, transparent and clear communications;
- Teaching and coaching application development teams to adopt continuous delivery practices and other lean/agile modeling techniques;
- Creating and maintaining sprint schedules based on information from the vendor and PwC task information. Incorporates updates and changes to the integrated project plan and prepares reports and presentations for executive levels;
- Managing large software development and IT infrastructure projects or groups of smaller projects and working in large program environments;
- Collaboratively working with all team and vendor project resources on projects of a complex or mission critical nature;
- Collaboratively managing Sponsor/customer expectations, and interacting with sponsor on a regular basis as it relates to software and IT infrastructure implementations;
- Managing all SOW deliverables and reporting project costs and forecasts on a regularly scheduled basis to project leadership and making recommendations to improve project effectiveness;
- Managing internal and external project resources considering quality/acceptance of SOW deliverables internally and externally;
- Collaboratively managing Sponsor/customer expectations and interacting with sponsor on a regular basis as it relates to software and IT infrastructure implementations;
- Applying knowledge of the Firm to the Project Management activities to comply with Firm policies and standards;
- Promoting the use of collaboration tools like Hangouts Meet, Web-ex, Google suite and team databases; and
- Enhancing communications between teams using personal exchanges, teleconferences and video conference.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.