**All resumes will remain strictly confidential. US required due to federal government contract requirements.
Organization & Culture
TOII is a support organization for System Operations. Successful candidates will need to have a “service oriented” approach to their work. Candidates should demonstrate experience in both project management and business analysis techniques. They should also have knowledge of electrical utility processes and practices. The organization is very collaborative and the candidates should have experience in facilitation and process development and documentation. The candidate should also be a quick learner and adaptive to a variety of working environments (office, field locations, and substations).
Note: All official drafts, documents and recommendations, as listed below, must be reviewed, finalized and approved / accepted by appropriate BPA manager or other federal personnel with the authority to do so.
- Support the RT EIM project by providing business analysis for:
- New EIM Processes and Procedures;
- Development of new EIM roles and responsibilities;
- Emerging technical requirements associated with real-time operations and new Grid Modernization efforts, including requirements for BPA participation in the CAISO Energy Imbalance Market (EIM), Real-Time Operations modernization and visualization efforts and other assigned work for the TO organization.
- Support the RT Operations Supervisor with workload tracking and planning by collecting and categorizing workload data, maintaining and monitoring the team workflow project management tools, and providing recommendations on workload prioritization.
- Interview subject-matter experts (SMEs) and system users to gather information on automated systems, system behaviors and work processes that support the reliable operation of BPA’s system.
- Translate technical requirements, rules and processes into reports, processes and training guides that permit BPA to operate its transmission system safely and reliably.
- Review, revise, and edit documents as needed to verify successful systems operation.
- With oversight and approval from the BPA Manager, coordinate key efforts among various technical teams charged with improving transmission business operations, scheduling, integration of systems and processes affecting transmission operations.
- Verify that documentation requirements are understood and completed within required timeframes by performing documentation reviews and adhering to project timelines.
- Assist management with development, and implementation, of management-approved change plans and strategies through various feedback loops or measurements.
- Monitor effectiveness of change plans and strategies, recommending improvements for management consideration to gain maximum benefit. Alert stakeholders, including the appropriate BPA manager, of any risks that may negatively impact project scope or schedule; provide mitigation recommendations for BPA manager-personnel review and acceptance; and implement BPA management-approved actions.
- Collaborate with other CM Specialists to share best practices, provide assistance on critical needs, and coordinate on Transmission-wide initiatives. Use Prosci methodology as well as new data sources (as appropriate) to assess change saturation within Transmission Services and make appropriate recommendations to project teams, sponsors, and stakeholders.
- Promote sound change-management methodology and serve as a change-management resource and subject-matter expert to the System Operations leadership and project teams.
- Promote, assist, and support seamless organizational change across departmental boundaries as requested.
- Maintain and improve change-management toolkits (e.g., deliverables, templates, and techniques) that are simple, effective, and designed for different audiences. Validate that change-management strategies, plans, and tools align with BPA’s Human Capital Management strategy.
- Collaborate with BPA manager, stakeholders, project teams and other parties as assigned to develop and recommend a comprehensive communication strategy; assist with implementation activities as requested. Provide expertise and assistance to BPA Managers and Project Managers to validate quality deliverables on a wide range of communication mediums and topics.
- Provide expertise with business-process-modeling techniques to incorporate new business drivers and roles and responsibilities within a project or program.
- Assist BPA management in planning and carrying out the training project or assignment (delivery) including resolving most problems, coordinating the work with others, validating policy in terms of established objectives, recommending the approach to be taken, and the methods and techniques to be employed, and training the trainers if appropriate or as requested.
- Develop and recommend formats for a variety of training courses, including recommending the emphasis to be placed upon each segment according to organizational need and standards. Research the information necessary to develop or draft training manuals and materials.
- Develop and recommend methods to assess trainee progress in business process-related training, as well as for continuing education for management consideration; assist with implementation of management-approved methods or recommendations.
- Evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs; incorporate findings and insights into project and change-management plans, decision-making information and recommendations and other project considerations as appropriate.
- Maintain regular and consistent communication regarding project and assignment status and concerns, with appropriate parties, including the BPA manager, project manager, stakeholders, project team, etc. This may include creating or drafting a project SharePoint site for project documentation, coordination and tracking.
- Participate in change management, informational presentations or sessions with a variety of employees ranging from line workers to executives, in both small and large groups, in order to promote buy-in and change satisfaction.
Education & Corresponding Experience (required on matrix)
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Business Management, Accounting, Computer Science, Organizational Development or a closely-related technical field is preferred.
- With an Associate’s degree in applicable fields: 10+ years of direct work experience and knowledge of change- management principles and methodologies with a solid understanding of how people go through a change and the change process is required.
- With a Bachelor’s degree in applicable fields: 8+ years of direct work experience and knowledge of change-management principles and methodologies with a solid understanding of how people go through a change and the change process is required.
- Without a degree: 12+ direct work experience and knowledge of change management principles and methodologies with a solid understanding of how people go through a change and the change process is required.
- Experience should be consistent with the specific requirements of business analysis and progressively more technical in nature.
Required Technical Skills & Experience (required on matrix)
- 5 Years of experience with process development
- 5 Years of experience with project management
- 5 Years of experience must include and show demonstrated experience in leading and providing change-management programmatic setup and support to organizations
- 5 years of experience with project and change-management approaches, tools and phases of the project
Preferred Skills & Experience (optional on matrix)
- Prior electric utility work experience
- Knowledge of and proficient skill in applying the following:
- Process/program design
- Technical/process writing
- Ability to identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Ability to understand the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making; and
- Change-Management Professional designation.