PeopleNet , a company of Trimble, is recruiting for a Scrum Master to fill an opportunity in Minnetonka, MN.
PeopleNet Scrum Masters play a key role in the success of delivering PeopleNet Fleet Mobility products. The Scrum Master will be responsible for coaching the scrum team, the Product Owner, and Organization on agile best practices. Including, removing impediments for their teams while promoting self-management and constantly improving our standards of work.
* Provides servant leadership to the team, garners respect from team(s) and is willing to get hands dirty to get the job done
* Prepares, moderates, and follows up on regular Scrum events; including daily scrum, sprint and release planning sessions, sprint reviews, and retrospectives
* Removing impediments or guiding the team by finding the right person/people to remove the impediment
* Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged
* Facilitates discussions, decision making, and conflict resolution
* Uses metrics to track and review team performance including burndown charts, velocity, and other sprint and release metrics
* Supports team in drafting working agreements including definition of ready and definition of done
* Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the team and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team
* Helping to further the Agile community within the organization by giving learning opportunities to people in the organization (e.g. brown bag lunches) and letting them learn important Agile concepts.
* Working with Product Owners and other stakeholders to manage cross team, department dependencies
* Leading multiple teams with multiple levels of seniority to accomplish project goals
* 2+ year's experience as a Scrum Master in a professional environment supporting Agile Development Teams and diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory
* Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games
* Experience leading multiple Agile Scrum software development methodologies, values, and procedures
* Scrum Master certification (CSM)
* Bachelor's Degree in management, computer science, or engineering
* Fleet Mobility industry experience
* Excellent communication and mentoring skills