Here at United Shore we work in a true agile environment where our development teams work through two week sprints. As a Scrum Master, you will get the opportunity to work with diverse technical teams who will look to you for guidance through their sprints. We are looking for someone who is passionate about agile and is constantly on the lookout for ways to improve existing conditions and see the big picture while paying attention to details. A self-starter, who is not afraid to raise issues and drive change to remove barriers from the team.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
* Drive and lead planning, daily stand-ups, demos, and retrospectives
* Anticipate and aggressively remove obstacles that slow down or prevent work completion
* Embrace, coach, and evangelize agile values and principles
* Build team cohesion and foster open and honest team communication
* Collect, report, and refine agile metrics to quantify and communicate team performance
* Catalyze continuous improvement of process and practice through collaboration with team and organizational leaders to identify and implement improvements
* Ensure that teams are effectively executing against the highest value priorities
* Provide "go to" leadership, transparency, and visibility
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
* 3+ years' experience supporting IT projects as a scrum master, project coordinator or project manager
* Knowledge of agile framework and methods (i.e. Scrum, Kanban)
* Deep skills in estimation, story slicing, grooming, and other Agile techniques
* Outstanding communication, facilitation, organization, and coaching skills
* Solid experience leading Scrum events: Planning, Daily Scrums, Reviews / Demos, and Retrospectives
* Ability to productively converse with business stakeholders and developers alike
* This position requires on-site attendance M-F
* 3+ years of project, product, or technical leadership in a software development environment
* 3 years' experience as a dedicated Scrum Master and / or Agile Coach
* Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Business Administration
* Experience with Team Foundation Server (TFS)
THE PLACE & THE PERKS
United Shore is a diverse group of over 2,200 mortgage experts, sales superstars, tech gurus, marketing whizzes, and more - all working toward the same goals. We're a $30 billion and growing, family-owned-and-operated company that still feels like family. We have an award-winning workplace that just happens to be home to the #1 wholesale mortgage lender in the country, United Wholesale Mortgage. We're committed to a 40-hour workweek. And we believe in setting our team members up for success by creating a unique, energetic culture where you can be yourself and still reach your goals.
Here are just a few of the reasons you'll love working here:
* Be well here - Salta Direct is our in-house doctor's office, available to all team members!
* Work-life balance. Give us 40-hours and the rest is yours.
* Generous benefits package including health and wellness, community involvement, personal and professional development, and rewards and recognition
* Free fruit, soft drinks, and coffee
* Gourmet cafeteria featuring homemade breakfast, lunch, sushi Mondays, and Mediterranean food.
* State-of-the-art fitness center open 5 a.m.-11 p.m. daily
* 24/7 convenience store
* Our very own Starbucks
* Cool company events that always include a surprise or two
* Lawn vouchers to concerts at DTE Energy Music Theater
All the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions subject to reasonable accommodation. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. Employees may be required to perform any other job related instructions as requested by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodations. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" employment relationship. United Shore Financial Services is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.