VMD is seeking a Scrum Master to support a software development program for our Department of State customer in Arlington, VA. This person will perform a variety of standard Scrum Master duties in an Agile Software Development environment. This is the perfect opportunity for someone relatively new to the Scrum Master role, but has significant professional experience in a related field or capability.
This person will be responsible for following duties:
- Develop and manage releases using CLM and conduct all Agile ceremonies
- Creating metrics and providing status documentation as requested
- Ensuring that team functions are consistent with PMO/SAFe, VMD and PMI/Scrum methodologies
- Developing successful release plans and deliverable documentation
- Monitoring and controlling release scope, time, cost, and quality, while also balancing O&M priorities
- Identifying and tracking PI risks/issues, defining mitigation plans, and resolving issues
- Managing expectations while managing quality of artifacts and services delivered to customer
- Assisting in maintaining and growing application backlogs
- Supporting program (e.g., team assessments, interviews) and company (e.g., proposals) as needed
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree.
Required Skills / Experience:
- A minimum of 15 years of total experience. Additional years of experience may substitute for degree.
- Complete understanding of Scrum/Kanban, along with Scrum software development leadership experience
- Proficient with Microsoft's tools and technologies (i.e., Office), and Remedy
- Proficient with Rational solution for CLM (RTC,RTQ, and DOORS)
- Strong oral and written, communication skills
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
Preferred Skills / Experience:
- Department of State or Bureau of Consular Affairs experience, is a plus
VMD is an Equal Opportunity Employer. VMD welcomes Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities (IWD).