Did you know that Zions Bancorporation is the second largest hirer of technology professionals in the Salt Lake City area? Learn more about our enterprise technology group and how we’re shaping the future of banking. At Zions, our difference is our people, so we’re dedicated to helping you grow in your career.
Zions Bancorporation’s Enterprise Technology and Operations (ETO) team is transforming what it means to work for a financial institution. We operate in a fast-paced, information-driven environment, which means we need people who bring diverse experiences, perspectives, and expertise to meet the ever-changing demands of a technology-driven world. We are grounded in the belief that “improving the work is the work” as we drive to create simple, easy, and fast solutions for our customers. Your ability to adapt, learn, and innovate helps increase revenue, reduce operational costs, and mitigates risk.
ETO provides opportunities for you to own your career growth through Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, Women in Technology, and Workforce of the Future initiatives that allow you to network across the organization, volunteer in our community, and build your technical and soft skills. Together we are building a culture that values diversity and creates a space of belonging for all our team members. We believe that investing in your success is an investment in our customers and our business. Our people are what sets us apart and make us great.
Zions Bancorporation is currently looking for an experienced Scrum Master to join our Enterprise Technology Operations team. The Scrum Master will be crucial in supporting an upcoming transition from Waterfall to Agile delivery. This individual will oversee how the whole process is played out from beginning to end. This person should be able to work with the team and develop and empower the individuals, helping them achieve their full potential as developers and as individuals.
The Scrum Master will have the opportunity to:
- Exemplify agile values and principles, championing the mindset and behaviors required to enable high performing teams.
- Serves as the team coach, continuously striving for relentless improvement and building trust. Responsible for facilitation and coaching of all team-level ceremonies, as well as discussions to promote efficiencies and lean thinking.
- Partner closely with the product owner and product management for alignment of priorities and overall management of team backlog.
- Ensure stakeholder and business engagement during backlog refinement and sprint reviews.
- Provide stakeholder insight into the iteration plans and leverages data to improve delivery, advocating for transparency and discussion that promotes continuous improvement.
- Identify gaps in team maturity with agile practices and provides relevant coaching or training needed to advance.
- Manage dependencies identified by team.
- Manage impediments and partners as required to overcome them.
- Track project performance, specifically to analyze successful completion of long- and short-term milestones/goals.
- Manage agile budget and financials reconciliation and adjusts project constraints based on financial analysis.
- Demonstrate adherence and strict compliance to defined policies and procedures to effectively manage risk.
- Remain informed about corporate practices, industry trends and best practices concerning Agile.
- Participate in communities of practice to support growth and development among colleagues.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5 plus years experience in Agile methods or frameworks (i.e. Scrum, Extreme Programming (XP) or Kanban).
- Experience in Agile scaling frameworks (preferably SAFe).
- Hands on experience with project management processes, methodologies and tools, resource and change management practices and techniques, strategic planning or other directly related experience.
- Strong working knowledge of numerous well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach.
- PMI-ACP or Scrum Master certifications strongly preferred.
- Advanced knowledge in scope management, financial tracking, scheduling and resource management.
- Experience with data analytics is a plus
- Advanced working knowledge in project budget & financials reconciliation.
- Ability to communication with various stakeholders and audiences.
- Ability to identify, analyze and resolve issues.
- Excellent negotiation and facilitation abilities.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Information Systems or related degree (combination of education and experience may meet requirements).