Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
An exceptional leadership opportunity as a part of our Digital Portfolio initiatives to provide customer solutions that are flexible, convenient, and competitive. Our Scrum Master is responsible for guiding an Agile team towards lean/agile principles such as continuous improvement and self-governance. In addition, this person will be responsible for facilitating Agile ceremonies, removing impediments to the team’s success, and ensuring collective team ownership.
- Servant leader that works to eliminate blocks that the team encounters
- Change Agent - Responsible for ensuring the team keeps a continuous improvement, inspect and adapt mindset
- Agile Coach - Helps guide / transform practices to align with lean thinking principles at both the team and program level
- Ensuring that risks and Issues are actively managed
- Facilitating / leading Agile Ceremonies (standups, iteration & release planning, retrospectives)
- Building and leveraging effective alliances across technical and business community.
- Advocate the use of technology to develop and/or redesign processes
- Creating an environment of team spirit and excitement around what is being delivered.
- Facilitating team development, with a focus on delivering business value quickly where working software is the measurement of progress.
Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred. 6 years of technology or business related experience preferred. 1 year of experience managing others preferred.
Business Knowledge & Partnership
- Five to seven years of Project Management or an equivalent Software Execution Leadership role
- Successfully served in a Scrum Master position for a minimum of two years as a part of a geographically distributed organization
- Experience working within a scaled Agile (SAFe) environment is preferred
- Experience with an Agile Management tool (for example CA/Rally) is preferred
- Demonstrates the ability to build strong business partnerships with trust and collaboration. Suggests sound solutions that are in line with future technology direction. Effectively communicates (verbal, written and presentation ability) with peers, all levels of management and in manner consistent with the audience. Demonstrates an adaptive style that is flexible and effective in gaining cooperation of others.Team Orientation
- Build relationships with peers and team members to achieve objectives. Continually works to build connections with other departments to work as one team. Balances team and individual responsibilities and also exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views. Gives and welcomes feedback always putting the success of team above own interest.Leadership
- Servant leadership mindset. Coach and mentor team with regards to Agile practices Influence change across the organization as we bring in best practices and new approaches. Demonstrate thought leadership. Drive transparency, team ownership, and motivated a workforce.Financial Awareness
- Manages and has input to the program budget including the tracking of actuals to budget and reporting to stakeholders. Technical Knowledge
- Has previous development or software delivery experience. Can appreciate technical concepts and how they relate to business needs so that the team can provide detailed task level information in a meaningful way that will be tracked against project milestones.Execution
- Manages to a roadmap and coordinates activities of teams to ensure that goals or objectives of team are aligned with the program and delivered within schedule, budget parameters, and staffing requirements. Collaborates with team to outline work plan. Monitors progress, resolves issues/blocks and escalates when appropriate.
High School diploma or equivalent required. 3 years of technology or business related experience required.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.