• Experience playing the SAFe Scrum Master role for at least 3 years for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory
• First level Scrum Master certification (CSM, SSM)
• Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
• Knowledge of numerous well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: numerous burn down techniques, numerous Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.
• Good understanding of SAFe and has experience with PI planning and other SAFe ceremonies.
Preferred skills/experience (Any of these is a plus)
• Preferred, bachelor’s in computer science or related degree
• Second level Scrum Master certification (CSP, PSM II)
• Knowledge of other Agile approaches: XP, Kanban, etc.
• Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, BDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games
• Applicable knowledge of the technologies used by the team
• Experience applying a wide variety of well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: numerous burn-down techniques, numerous retrospective formats, handling bugs etc.)
• Previous experience as a team lead
• Excellent communication and mentoring skills
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Guiding the team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values
• Enabling the team with self-organization capability; assessing the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization
• Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution, removal of barriers and active management of dependencies
• Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
• Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially with respect to grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
• Providing all support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
Bachelor of Science Degree or Equivalent