IT Product Owner MM12403894
12 Month Contract - Right to Hire
Boston, MA - must be willing to work onsite
NO C2C, NO STEM NO VISA
Our ideal Scrum Product Owner candidate is proficient in handling complex or multiple business processes and can work independently with the scrum team and product manager or delivery lead to deliver the product successfully per business outcomes. As a product owner, you will work closely with the scrum team to clarify business requirements. The team culture of working collaboratively, cross-functionally, using new technologies for data driven decision making combined with the work/life balance provided by the client. An understanding of tools such as Jira, Confluence, Teams and GSuite will be an advantage.
- 5 years’ experience as an IT Product Owner
- Minimum degree required is a Bachelors, MBA preferred.
- Risk Management experience a MUST
- Experience with data governance, privacy and compliance a plus.
- Authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship now or in the future.
- In-depth knowledge of Agile process and principles – CSPO Certification a plus.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience in SAFe agile processes
- Financial services experience
- Experience with developing complex Enterprise applications
Objectives of the role
- Provide direction to the product scrum team by creating and refining requirements written as an Agile Story, Epic or Feature.
- Work closely with Product Management to create and maintain a product backlog according to defined business needs.
- Plan and prioritize product backlog for the product team.
- Ensure that the Agile team always has an adequate number of Stories available for work.
- Working with Product Management, create a backlog that captures the product vision, roadmap.
- Assess value, develop cases, and prioritize Stories, Epics and Features to ensure work focuses on those with highest value and aligned with product strategy.
- Provide backlog management, sprint planning, and explanation of the User Stories
- Manage release plans and set expectations for delivery of new product capabilities.
- Provide an active role in mitigating impediments impacting completion of Sprint Goals
- Research and analyze market, the users, and the roadmap for the product
- Keep abreast with Agile/Scrum best practices and new trends
- Drive delivery of quality solutions tied to clearly understood business problem(s) and benefit(s)
- Collaborate with scrum leader and provide input into and/or influence business strategies and direction that determine and shape projects
- Provide solutions and continuous improvement opportunities to efficiently solve problems and provide critical thinking skills
- Listen and effectively communicate with clarity, precision and transparency
- Assist in removing business requirement barriers to enable project team to complete objectives no matter how difficult
- Effectively negotiate priorities and solutions
- Assist in driving lessons learned and knowledge retention for future use