Servant leader for the team. Facilitates, guides and coaches team commit to and accomplish work on an iterative basis either in Scrum or Kanban. Recommended to have 2 scrum teams concurrently. Ensures Agile principles (Scrum or Kanban) are being followed and ensures team is consistently holding and attending Agile ceremonies. Interfaces with Product Owner and Development Team Manager (DTM) on a consistent basis to be in alignment with vision, goals, and to ensure there is a common understanding for each scrum team. Drives team to improve efficiency, quality, and predictability on an iterative basis and pushes the team to deliver as much value to the business customer as possible.
1. Servant Leader - Scrum master will serve the team and product owner to guide and coach the team to turn requirements into the working software on an iterative basis that adds value to the customer.
2. Monitoring and Tracking The scrum team gives the commitment on work, scrum master has to track the progress and help the team to achieve the given commitment. Tracking is important on a daily basis so that if needed proactive measures can be taken well ahead of time.
3. Reporting & Communication - All the reporting about the progress of the sprint is scrum master responsibility. Creates a weekly dashboard of statistics to be shared with team members, Product Owner, and stakeholders.
4. Interface between the technical team and the product owner (PO). The scrum team has a dependency on the PO to provide the requirements and the clarity on the requirements. The Scrum master needs to help team understands the requirements and must guide and coach the team to accomplish what they have committed to.
5. Resolves impediments - Scrum master will resolve all the impediments and team should concentrate on the building software and adding value. Some examples of dependencies of impediments are other scrum team dependencies, requirement dependencies, team member dependencies and environment and other technical implementation dependencies.
6. Lead all the ceremonies - scrum masters are responsible to lead all of the daily team ceremonies.
7. Shields the team - a scrum master should stand in front of the team and protect them from any unnecessary interruption or problems.
8. Team formation coaching and building team to come together as a team instead of a group of individuals. Goal is to help team to learn to commit to and complete work in a predictable manner. Team needs to accountable and do whatever is necessary to meet commitments on a consistent basis.
9. Performance Feedback - scrum masters will provide necessary feedback about the team members to the development team manager and/or provide direct feedback to team members depending on the working agreement established between scrum master and development team manager.
10. Improvement Scrum masters should continually be focused on driving and guiding the team to achieve better quality, predictability and value to the business.
Bachelor's degree in Information Science or related field and/or equivalent combination of education and experience. Agile certifications, such as CSM, PMI-ACP or PSM, preferred.
Minimum of 2-3 years experience required in similar or related capacity.
1. Experience guiding teams of developers, analysts, architects and engineers preferably in a matrix organization.
2. Ability to guide projects from inception to successful post-implementation.
3. Demonstrated competency in developing effective solutions to successfully resolve diverse and complex business problems.
4. Strong analytical, communications, technical teamwork, and interpersonal skills.
5. Must be proficient in TFS, MS CRM, Excel, Access, or other database utilities and other Microsoft technologies.
NO THIRD PARTIES, NO SUB-CONTRACTORS, NO CORP to CORP
Data Resource Technologies Inc. is an Information Technology Staffing Firm serving the markets of the United States of America; the greatest country in the world. We work with Direct Clients Only and do not participate in multi layer contracts. Earn The Most Possible and put over 60 years of Information Technology Industry experience to work for you today, Call or Apply NOW!!!