Summary: Salary plus benefits and PTO. Large Fortune 100 consumer packaged goods company. A multi-year engagement for a Packaging Engineer experienced in secondary packaging. Position will be based onsite in Hartwell, Georgia. Will possibly transition to a permanent role or be continually extended.
Secondary Packaging Engineer: Depalletizer, Traypacker, Variety Pack Cartoner, Tray Unitizer, Carton Unitizer, Stretchwrapper, AGV
Target Background: Significant experience with specifying, installing and startup of high speed packaging equipment including efficiency improvement after start of production. Expertise in robotic can depalletizing, can conveyance, carton forming, corrugated and paperboard, shrinkwrapping, print & apply labeling, can coding, robotic carton/tray unitizing, and stretchwrapping. AGV/LGV experience a plus.
Packaging Engineer General Roles & Responsibilities:
- Attend Design Reviews and ensure that factory requirements are met in the design.
- Attend and conduct FATs for equipment at vendor locations
- Factory Liaison (production and maintenance) for Packaging Equipment to ensure that field improvements made to previous lines is incorporated onto design and execution.
- Oversee equipment delivery, installation, and start-up. Coordinate materials and onsite vendor support needed for commissioning.
- Lead Construction Close-Out, and Lead Level 5 Functional Testing (testing with product)
- Provide Technical Support for Level 4 (I/O Checkout) and Level 6 (saleable qualification)
- Coordinate Site Acceptance Tests, Ramp-Up and Verification Activities for Packaging Equipment.
- Review PMs and provide recommendations for spare parts
- Review vendor documentation (manuals, spare parts, Basic Process Operation) and work with integrators on approved Automation Detailed Functional Specification