Oracle DBA with Secret Clearance Opportunity immediately available in Washington, D.C!
Work you'll do
At our Client site, our Technical team is continuing to beresponsible for developing new systems as well as enhancing existing ones, hence we are currently seeking a an Oracle Database Administrator join our team. Our ideal candidate will take over existing processes and responsibilities of the DBAwhile supporting on-going development teams by managing, monitoring, and maintaining production and non-production Oracle 12c databases.
Other responsibilities of the DBA include:
• Alert and performance troubleshooting
• Security Management (new users, user audits etc.) and password resets
• Space Management (monitoring tablespace and datafile space needs etc.)
• Database upgrade and software patch management
• Audit support and mitigations
• Database assessment, optimization, and documentation of outcomes and recommendations from assessment
• Development support (code reviews, code refactoring, tuning, data fixes, data refreshes, materialized view etc.)
• Data migrations
• Partitioning (as needed)
• General tasks related to advanced database concepts (e.g. RMAN, queue processing, database parameters, Oracle and SQL server jobmanagement, data guard, etc.)
U.S. Citizenship is required, as is an active Secret clearance
Our Systems Engineering team delivers large-scale software applications and integrated systems, and assists clients with architecture design, assessment and optimization, and definition. We develop service-oriented architecture (SOA) and other integration solutions to enable information sharing and management between business partners and disparate processes and systems, and we deliver technology enablement to support CIO services transformation.
Systems Engineering professionals focus on key client issues that impact the core business by maximizing operational value, driving down the cost of quality, and enhancing technology innovation. Our teams deliver a wide range of services, including application architecture design and optimization, application modernization, business process management and solution integration, custom application design and development, and large-scale technology delivery program efforts.
8+ years' experience as an Oracle DBA performing responsibilities to include database installation and configuration, RMAN backup and recovery, performance tuning, Disaster Recovery solution design and implementation, and database modeling.
Additional skills should encompass:
• 8+ years' experience installing and configuring Oracle 12c in a Windows environment, as well as working with complex relational databases and data models
• 8+ years' experience in taking Full and partial backups, Incremental and Cumulative backups using RMAN (Recovery Manager)
• 8+ years' experience in taking backup and performing recovery, performing point in time recovery at times of necessity
• 8+ years' experience designing and implementing backup and recovery including disaster recovery structures
• Strong experience providing performance tuning of PL SQL queries when performance issues are reported
• Proficiency in Oracle development tools like SQL Developer
• Ability to participate in off-hours (night and weekend) tasks and projects
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, detail oriented coupled with a curious mindset
• Experience developing reports based on user requirements
• Experience with Windows scripting and Powershell script
• Strong troubleshooting experience to resolve design or usability issues that arise
• Experience participating in code reviews
• Strong command of Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
• Ability to provide support and guidance to the development teams during the design, development, and testing processes
Location: Downtown DC.
Metro accessible: McPherson Square or Metro Center
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.