$80-100k + bonus
We are a leading provider of electronic content management and exchange solutions and services, with one of the largest national archives of digital information in the cloud. We are seeking a Information Security Specialist to help implement and oversee vendor implementation of the policies and procedures for the Information Security department to accomplish the organizations business objectives. Review security compliance reporting to ensure ongoing compliance. Demonstrate expertise in a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage day-to-day security tasks to include incident investigation, approvals and various vulnerability management tasks as needed.
- Manage vulnerability scanning tools, process and reporting.
- Manage ongoing security-related compliance activities such as user recertification and penetration testing
- Manage Tripwire deployment and become subject matter expert in Tripwire
- Coordinate work with various technical teams and provide reporting to management.
- Review and follow up on various daily, weekly and monthly security reports
- Collaborate and cross-train with other members of the security team
- Learn other security tools utilized in our environment
- Drive improvements to existing processes and methods
- Act as point of contact for security-related projects as required
- Become subject matter expert on assigned security tools and technologies.
- Assist in audit activities as needed
- 5+ years working in information security teams and projects, operating and deploying information security solutions, preferably with a broad knowledge of various IT technologies such as virtualization, system administration (both Windows or Unix/Linux), networking and networking technologies, encryption, PKI, security architecture, security tools and concepts.
- Experience with vulnerability scanning tools such as Rapid7, Tenable, etc.
- Experience with Tripwire and Splunk is highly desirable
- Experience in basic system administration (either Windows, Linux or some flavor of Unix)
- Knowledge of networking concepts (firewalling, subnet addressing, 7 layers of the OSI model, etc)
- Skills in scripting languages (Shell, Python, Perl and/or Powershell) highly desirable
- Experience with SIEMs and/or other logging tools and concepts.
- Knowledge of security architecture highly desirable
- Bachelor s degree or equivalent experience, security and/or technical related certificates are desirable but not required
- Prior experience of working remotely as part of a geographically distributed team
- Ability to learn quickly. Must be self-motivated to develop and grow knowledge.