Malvern, PA Description:
Information Security Analyst ( Incident Handler) positions for the SOC
- Make sure people know what denial of service is and how to do it. Also monitoring network traffic.
- Must be willing to work nights weekends and holidays no exceptions must be willing to get CISSP in one year time
- To provide Security Analyst services, including monitoring, diagnosing, and resolving security events and incidents
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Monitor Vanguard's infrastructure for security events and provide 1st level response.
2. Facilitates the process to conduct periodic recertification's of all SOC tasks and process documentation.
3. Resolves security issues to determine root cause and implements corrective action with appropriate level of assistance. Where necessary, partners with other members of Information Security, Information Technology and business departments. Performs rotating on-call responsibilities.
4. Maintains up-to-date Incident Management Team technical documentation, procedures and workflows to assist in performing event & incident investigations
5. Executes test cases on security administration tools used by SOC to perform security investigations.
6. Performs quality control steps to determine the quality of the work performed by the team. Identifies opportunities to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of SOC processes and procedures. Participates in projects to implement process improvement.
7. Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in information technology-related field or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Demonstrates analytical and problem resolution skills as well as attention to detail.
- Ability to identify opportunities for improvements and propose recommendations.
- Strong MS Office and Lotus Notes skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to take direction and seek clarification when needed from various levels of business unit and management.
- Familiarity with technology and security concepts is preferred.
- solid knowledge of current versions of supported tools, applications and platforms is required.
Must be able to regularly work Nights, Weekends and HolidaysContact:
This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at www.judge.com