Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live.
The EMC Hybrid Cloud Engineering team is responsible for developing next generation solutions leveraging EMC and partner core products and platforms. We deliver systems that provide end to end solutions for IT infrastructures with a focus on Enterprise Hybrid Cloud, Big Data, End User Compute infrastructures for our customers. We architect, develop, test and document the complete solution stack, generally comprised of but not limited to core EMC storage and data protection products, VMware, Virtustream, RSA and Pivotal as well as third party applications.
We are looking for expert security engineers to ensure that systems are designed and implemented to the highest security standards. If you enjoy analyzing the security of systems and services, discovering and addressing security issues and quickly reacting to new threat scenarios, this position will provide you with a challenging opportunity. You will participate in security audits, risk analysis, vulnerability testing and security reviews across all elements of our solutions. You'll gain real, hands-on experience working with some the most in-demand technologies: Cloud, DevOps, SDS, SDN and much more.
Security engineers are expected to be strong in multiple domains and across the solution stack. The security engineer will work across the engineering organization to help make sure that best security practices are adhered to. They must also continually and proactively improve their knowledge of the security industry, best practices and how to apply them to Federation solutions. Projects will often be developed with a rapid prototyping or proof-of concept approach. Ability and demonstrated experience working independently through complex issues is a must. Ability and demonstrated experience working independently through complex issues is a must. The ideal candidate may come from a partner, IT Operations or DevOps environment.
- Develop our cloud security solutions to meet the business and customer’s security requirements
- Provide security architecture expertise to engineering leads/teams and product management
- Work closely with technical writers to document solutions and provide subject matter expertise
- Participate in integration testing, beta programs and customer engagements
- Work closely with EMC’s Product Security Office (PSO) in conducting Security Assessment on solutions that will include threat modelling, code analysis, component handling and remediation/mitigation plans.
- Considered an SME in multiple security technology areas such as network, system, identity security, identity management or configuration management
- Experience with enterprise security solution design and implementation skills covering Identity and Access Management, Infrastructure and application security, and privacy and data security
- Experience of security architecture evaluation
- Strong written and verbal English skills
- Excellent communication skills, able to elaborate, articulate and present at all levels
- Industry recognized security qualification (CEH/GIAC/SSCP/CISSP/CISSP-ISSAP
- Strong experience in data center and cloud architectures across multiple disciplines
- Experience of Security frameworks (ITIL/ISO/COBIT) and/or standards/practices such as CIS/DISA STIG/NIST.
- Experience of industry and regulatory compliance requirements such as PCI DSS, SOX/HIPAA etc
- Ability to communicate security issues to peers and Senior Management
- Experience of defining/refining system security requirements for solutions
Strongly Desired Skills
- Experience working within an Agile/scrum framework
- Experience securing server operating systems (Windows 2012 and Linux Red Hat)
- Centralized authentication technologies such as Active Directory, Kerberos, TACACS, LDAP, SSO
- Operations or systems administration experience in Windows and Linux/Unix (CentOS/Red Hat)
- Some knowledge of programming frameworks and scripting languages (Java, Ruby, Python, or PowerShell)
- Strong understanding of enterprise, network, system and application level security issues.
- Familiarity with Virtualization products and solutions
- Understanding of EMC Products, Solutions and Strategy
- Understanding of Cloud Concepts and services
- Security Clearance would be preferred
- Knowledge of risk assessment tools, technologies and methods
- Familiarization with SCAP and Security Automation
- Keep knowledge current with the latest technologies regarding cyber threats and security
- Awareness of Cloud Foundry or other PaaS solutions would be beneficial
- Awareness of Big Data and Hadoop Eco-System would be beneficial
LINKED IN REQUEST DCAM8
When you choose our company, you join a diverse world of innovative thought leaders. At our core is a commitment to workplace diversity, the sustainability of our planet, and community corporate involvement. We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities-all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage applicants of all ages.