- The Security Architect serves as the subject matter expert supporting multiple disciplines of information security, including security architecture, solutions design and implementation.
- Handles development of standards/procedures in compliance with policies and federal regulation and
security best practices.
- Manages the secure operation of the company s computer systems, firewalls, servers and network connections.
- Provides security solutions to internal customer and constituents.
- Partners with project teams to ensure that security is designed in to all technology initiatives.
- Recognizes areas of improvement within the environment and balances those initiatives with organizational goals.
How will you impact WestRock:
- Acquire a complete understanding of WestRock technology and information systems.
- Research, plan and design robust security architectures for any IT project.
- Define, implement and maintain corporate security policies and procedures.
- Research security standards, security systems and authentication protocols.
- Build relationships and collaborate with other architects across IT to ensure all visions are aligned.
- Provide technical supervision for WestRock security engineering team.
- Conduct and attend project meetings to provide security and governance input throughout project lifecycles.
- Develop security requirements for local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), virtual private networks (VPNs), routers, firewalls and related network devices.
- Design public key infrastructures (PKIs), including use of certification authorities (CAs) and digital signatures.
- Prepare cost estimates and identify integration issues.
- Review and approve installation of firewall, VPN, routers, IDS, scanning technologies and servers.
- Test final security structures to ensure they behave as expected.
- Perform vulnerability testing, risk analyses and security assessments.
- Oversee security awareness programs and educational efforts.
- Respond immediately to security-related incidents and provide a thorough post-event analysis.
What you need to succeed:
- 8-10 years of relevant IT experience, including exposure to business planning, systems analysis and application development. 5 years of experience focused on security.
- Bachelor s degree or equivalent in related field of study, including any of the following but not limited to: Information Systems, Network Engineering or Information Security.
- Security certifications are desired, such as: CISSP, SSCP, CCNA Security, CCIE, MCSE, MCITP, SANS GSEC, CISM, FireEye Certifications.
- Risk assessment procedures, policy formation, role-based authorization methodologies, authentication technologies and security attack pathologies.
- Windows, UNIX and Linux operating systems.
- Perimeter security controls firewall, IDS/IPS, network access control and network segmentation.
- Routers, switches and VLAN security; wireless security.
- Security concepts related to DNS, routing, authentication, VPN, proxy services and DDOS mitigation technologies.
- Practices and methods of IT strategy, enterprise architecture and security architecture.
- Network security architecture development and definition.
- Knowledge of third-party auditing and cloud risk assessment methodologies.
- Must be a self-starter, capable of working with minimal direction.
- Malware reverse engineering skills a plus.
- Strategic thinker with strong communication skills.
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence.
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities.
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential.
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.