You are an accomplished Security Consultant, looking to apply your 3-6 years of information security advisory and assessment expertise to a rapidly growing, elite and accomplished team of security analysts. You’ll leverage your prior experience translating NIST guidelines and helping clients meet FISMA / FedRAMP requirements.
You strive for excellence and enjoy working in a results-oriented environment where you will be challenged and surrounded by colleagues and leaders that encourage and foster professional, personal, and career growth. You are customer facing but will appreciate being able to telecommute about half the time. You work well independently but will also support your team members to ensure appropriate deliverables are collected in order to satisfy assessment requirements.
Location: Fairfax, VA
Salary: $70,000 - $100,000
What’s in it for you?
- Exposure to FedRAMP, great mentorship, exciting tech and the latest cyber security assessment tools, techniques, processes, and development
- Upward mobility and professional development/growth
- Full benefits, professional training, and competitive compensation in a friendly, flexible, professional, and supportive work environment
What we’re looking for:
- 3-6 years of experience in the IT security related systems controls and applying various testing methods to determine the effectiveness of controls for commercial and federal clients.
- Contribute and collaborate, both tactically and strategically
- Ability to closely examine your clients' security policies and take measures to test and execute procedure. Validate client’s security plans to ensure that NIST control requirements are implemented.
- Prepare SSPs, plan of actions and milestones (POA&M), and other written documentation with recommendations of your findings.
- A Bachelor’s degree in IT or other business management field
- Expertise in the applicable NIST publications including 800-37 Rev 1, 800-53 Rev 3 or 4, 800-53 Rev 1.
- Some basic knowledge of networking components and various operating systems used in a cloud environment (i.e. Unix, Microsoft)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Ability to document and explain technical details clearly and concisely.
- You have an active US clearance, or are able to obtain one, therefore US citizenship is mandatory.
Bonus Points for:
- Expertise in other Security Frameworks such as HIPAA, COBIT, ISO,
- Active certifications such as CISSP, CISA, CEH, Security+ or PMP