Job Description: Job Description
Leidos has an opportunity to join a team of individuals supporting the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) in Washington, DC as a Personnel Security Specialist, Grade level 6. This candidate will provide direct support and service to the administration of the FBI Security Program by participating and leading security cases through the process with little supervision from internal or external sources. This candidate will have a leadership role on the program and may be called upon to manage a small subset of employees.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to :
- Ensure that employees and applicable contractors are properly advised of potential security risks/vulnerabilities in which approved level of security clearance / access authorizations may expose them to, and follow to ensure individuals are properly debriefed as necessary.
- Conduct security briefings, which include Security Awareness and Hostile Threat. Revise security briefings based on the specific issues developed and security requirements.
- Provide guidance and assist in resolving security issues involving current on-board employees, as well as providing expert guidance relating to various security programs to other field office personnel including agent personnel.
- Remain vigilant for new methods and procedures for passing and affirming clearances including SCI-between and among all Federal Government agencies participating in the Intelligence Community in accordance with Intelligence Directives / Regulations, Federal Investigative Standards, and/or Executive and DOJ Orders
- Engage with internal and external customers on personnel security to ensure the assigned program / project is fully integrated; leverage current threat intelligence to enhance or modify procedures.
- Prepare and submit a response to FBI HQ, in writing or verbally, to recommend adjudication as to the approval, denial, or revocation of security clearances and/or access authorizations. The appropriate SecD units will determine the final adjudication. Prepare outgoing communications to FBI HQ to transmit recommendations, supporting analysis and data.
- Participate in the formulation, preparation and direction of new and revised rules, regulations, guidelines, processes and procedures in relation to the personnel security programs. Provide recommendations and suggestions affecting personnel security program missions, reviewing program material and provides feedback to the Security Officer or FBI HQ to ensure effectiveness and efficiency of programmatic goals and operations.
- The candidate must currently hold a TS security clearance and must be capable of obtaining a SCI clearance that includes a requirement to pass a CI polygraph exam
- Ten (10) years of experience in 1811 federal law enforcement (LE) or 15 years' experience working in the personnel security field prior to security management.
- A bachelor's degree in any field of study.
- Knowledge of Department of Justice and FBI regulations regarding personnel security.
- Experience conducting and interpreting database checks and credit reports.
- Demonstrated analytical ability to critically review and analyze various types of incoming material and investigative reports to discern potential security vulnerabilities and to identify viable investigative leads.
- Knowledge of and have the capability to use Lexis Nexis.
- Ability to perform administrative tasks such as querying databases, filing, processing mail, performing audits.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience to conduct highly established federal standards for investigations, background investigations, and security investigations relating to suitability and security standards.
- An advanced degree in any field
- Have previous experience at the FBI
- Prior security management experience
- Have working knowledge of the National Industrial Security Program Operations Manual (NISPOM)