Information Security Engineering Specialist Location:
Remote (until further notice), but ideally located in Houston, TX Type:
Contract to Hire (assuming around 6 months contract)
The Information Security Engineering Specialist with strong technical expertise in Big Data, who is interested in joining this team to help build and operate a Big Data platform for Cyber Security data and analytics. As a key member of this team, you will be working as part of the small empowered, customer-centric squad to deliver this consolidated, easy to use data platform.
The Security Data Service team's mission is to empower its customers to understand and improve the security posture by providing a consolidated, easy to use data platform for reporting and analytics. Requirements:
- Build logging and analytics capability for SDS for operational checks
- Ensure that all logging is setup correctly for all services
- Build Azure Resource Manager (ARM) templates for deployment of data products into production
- Refine and update services with recommendations from Azure Security Center
- Creation of build and release pipelines for all SDS deployments
- Streamline reporting and alerting to individual users or groups and remediate all pipeline failures
- Monthly patching of VMs and automation of these processes
- Assist with build of flexible data APIs that support the ingestion, or the consumption needs of the data lake and its customers.
- Assist with creation and management of ETL jobs.
- Engage in efforts to derive more value out of our data and enable operational excellence.
- Debug issues as they arise
- Experience with DevOps on Azure and AWS cloud environments.
- Experience with ETL Tooling preferably in Azure and AWS
- Scripting Languages: Python, C#, PowerShell (at least one of them)
- Experience with Agile and DevOps development methodology and concepts as applied to data driven analytics projects. Including CI/CD Coding, security testing best practice and standards.
- Experience with designing, building, and operating analytics solutions using Azure and AWS cloud technologies
- Data Management experience e.g. large volume data handling and data wrangling
- Experience in automated data driven testing
- DB Programming: relational dbs (SQL), nonrelational (NoSQL, MongoDB, Cassandra)
You will provide sound technical expertise in support of information security & risk activities specific to Information Security Engineering. You will facilitate the delivery of security solutions to projects across design, building and execution phases. You will support the development and implementation of information security controls and report on their effectiveness. Supporting the implementation and application of relevant operating processes and procedures, you will also ensure all activities adhere to the relevant standards. You will report on the effectiveness of security procedures and make appropriate recommendations as well as drive their implementation.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or