|Job Description: |
The Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority
Your Journey Begins With Us!
Join our Team!
This announcement amends salary from $94,598 - $137,168
Have you ever wondered who runs Reagan National Airport? Or Dulles International Airport? Or the Dulles Toll Road? We do! We’re the Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority and we’re looking for talented, enthusiastic people to help us continue our tradition of outstanding service to travelers in the Washington Metropolitan area. In 2016 alone, we served more than 44 million air passengers. We offer an array of benefits programs, including vacation, retirement, and health benefits. Whether you are traveling the world or plotting your career path, your journey begins with us.
Our Core Values are: MUTUAL RESPECT…INTEGRITY…PRIDE…COLLABORATION
To review our benefits information please click here .
· Security Engineer IT
· This is a non-career term job.
· Works under the general supervision of the Chief Information Security Officer.
· Serves in the Information Security Department of the Office of Technology at the Headquarters Office.
The Security Engineer (IT) monitors, tests, and reports on the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of information assets in compliance with Airports Authority information security policies and other security and compliance standards.
To review the description of duties, please click here .
Please note: You should review this job description, in particular the knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs) requirements listed. Please reply to KSAs one (1) through (6) only. In the application process, you will be asked to relate your experience, training and education to the KSAs in a narrative format. The rest of the KSAs will be assessed during the application process.
We would suggest that you prepare your responses off line and paste them into the assessment questionnaire. If the required information is provided in your resume, please direct the reviewer to the specific section of the document where this information can be found.
To be rated qualified for this job, an applicant must meet all of the MQs listed below at the time of vacancy announcement closure.
1. A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Security, Information Assurance, or related field , or an equivalent combination of education, experience and training that totals four years.
Please note: A fully equivalent combination of education and training beyond what is needed to satisfy the education requirement may be used to substitute for up to two of the five years of experience. For example, a Master’s Degree may be substitute for two years of experience.
2. Five years of progressively responsible experience in Information Security including implementing, upgrading, and maintaining security tools and configuring or reviewing firewalls and conducting security assessments. Three of the five years of experience must include implementing intrusion prevention/ detection systems (IPS/IDS), web security tools, e-mail security tools, firewalls, and two-factor authentication devices.
3. Must be able to work varied schedule of days and outside normal business hours for scheduled and emergency maintenance and/or upgrades, as well as standard on-call rotation.
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES REQUIRED
1. Certification as a Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP) from the International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium (ICS2) or ability to obtain CISSP or SSCP certification within one year from the date of hire, promotion, or placement.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is completed, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be done to determine if you meet the minimum qualification requirements. There is an Assessment questionnaire(s) that you must complete. Your resume and supporting documentation will then be compared to your responses to the assessment questionnaire(s). If a determination is made that your application does not support your responses, which you provided in the assessment questionnaire, your application will not receive further consideration for this announcement.
A background security investigation will be required for all new hires.