To provide on-going support and administration of information security solutions in a highly available and highly secure environment, within an experienced team. The primary role will be to serve on the “blue team”, or defensive side, of the Firm’s Information Security team, to ensure solutions are correctly sized and implemented.
• Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience in information security.
• One or more entry-level, security-specific certifications in a related area (e.g. Security+, CCNA Security, etc.)
• Exceptional written, oral and presentation communication skills
• Ability to track, prioritize and complete tasks as assigned
• Ability to work in a high performance, team-oriented setting; remote work is a possibility
• Experience in project management methodologies and techniques
• Functional understanding of IPv4 networks and networking protocols such as TCP, UDP, ICMP, etc.
• Functional understanding of IPv4 routing and switching technologies
• Competency in at least one scripting language; Python a plus
• Understanding of endpoint protection and inspection technologies
• Understanding of network protection technologies such as firewalls, WAF, and IDS/IPS
• Understanding of data protection technologies such as NDLP, DAM, DB encryption, HDLP, etc.
• In-depth understanding of server-class operating systems and applications
• Ability to understand and act on risk-based assessments and regulatory compliance evaluations
• Ability to understand and remediate the findings of network- and application-centric assessments
• Conceptual understanding of symmetric, asymmetric and PKI encryption
The qualifications and physical demands described in this job description are representative of those most appropriate for successful performance of the essential functions of this job. Upon request, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Aid in securing the Firm’s information, information processing platforms, and infrastructure from internal and external threats
• Assist in the implementation of information security controls at the infrastructure, server, end point and data levels
• Lead projects for platform upgrades and deployments
• Assist with integration of IT solutions across diverse functional areas
• Perform day-to-day administrative tasks
• Collaborate with other IT groups and business units to provide reporting, integration assistance, and to identify security needs and goals
• Generate and distribute reports from information security controls
• Other duties as assigned