The Senior Security Engineer uses technical knowledge on a number of security technologies to Identify, Detect, Protect and Respond to security threats from various security platforms and technologies. The Senior Security Engineer serves as a Tier2 / Tier 3 escalation point for critical and complex client issues, performs configuration and testing of products, assists with developing and documenting work processes and trains other members of the team.
• Responsible for initial triage of incoming support requests and issues. Will also handle the advanced issues and alerts escalated to them by IT and business customers and other Security Engineers.
• Analyze and respond to security threats from various security platforms and technologies.
• Support, troubleshoot, configure, manage, and upgrade FW, NIDPS, UTM, VPN, WAF and a wide variety of other security products.
• Perform network troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common network problems, using strong TCP/IP networking skills.
• Respond to inbound requests via phone and other electronic means for technical assistance with managed devices.
• Respond in a timely manner (within documented SLA) to configuration, maintenance, incident management, and other requests.
• Document actions in ticketing system to effectively communicate information internally and to customers.
• Respond to needs and questions of customers concerning their access to network resources through their managed device.
• Adhere to established Security policies, procedures, and practices.
• Research and resolve problems independently and understand escalation procedures.
• Responsible for major Security platform changes including upgrades.
• Create custom documentation for internal and external needs.
• Responsible for mentoring and training of Security Engineers.
• Attend vendor-specific meetings and conferences for business and professional development.
• Responsible for testing and configuring new products and technologies.
• Assist with designing and documenting work processes within Information Security.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor Degree in Information Technology, Information Security/Assurance, Engineering or related field of study preferred; at least four years of related experience and/or training (in addition to experience requirements below); or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
• Minimum of six years’ experience in a position requiring IT technical problems solving skills.
• Minimum 3 years of experience in Information Security or Networking required.
• Minimum 3 years of experience with preferably more than one of the following technologies; Cisco ASA, Juniper (SRX, ScreenOS, SSL-VPN, IDP), Check Point, Firepower, Tipping Point, Fortinet, Palo Alto Networks, Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services.
• Minimum 2.5 years of experience with one or more of the following management platforms required; Cisco Security Manager, Juniper NSM, Junos Space, Check Point Provider-1/MultiDomain Management, Palo Alto Networks Panorama, Blue Coat Director, Fortinet FortiManager.
• Minimum 1 year of full time experience with one or more of the following security products: AirWatch, Qualys, ISS, Encase, or other key security technologies.
• Security+, BCCPP, JNCIS-SEC, JNCIS-FWV, JNCIS-SA, ACE, CNSE, SFCP, SFCSE, SFCTSE preferred.
• Security+, GSEC, GCIA, GCIH or other security specific vendor/product certifications also preferred.
• CISSP training strongly preferred.
• Practical expertise with TCP/IP networking required.
• Significant experience with Linux, Windows and Network Operating Systems required.
• Strong working knowledge of Routing and Access Control Devices required.
• Requires taking responsibility for IT and business customer satisfaction and overall success of Information Security.
• Ability to interface with a variety of IT and business customers in a polite, positive, and professional manner.
• Technical knowledge on many security technologies required.
• Solid understanding of information security and networking required.
• Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills required.
• A passion for information security and data security required.
• Detail oriented with strong organization skills required.
• Customer service focus required with strong interpersonal skills including excellent written/verbal communication skills.
• Will be required to be on-call after hours and weekends on a rotating basis.
• May be required to work occasional off-shift hours to cover customer maintenance and on-site activities
Key Technology Requirements:
• Azure Active Directory (AAD), Azure MFA and SSO Apps, AD synchronization (AAD Connect)
• Azure Information Protection (AIP)
• Azure File Services
• Azure Site Recovery (ASR), Microsoft Azure Backup Server (MABS)
• Microsoft Cloud App Security
• Office 365
• Rights Management Services (RMS)
• Azure Multi-factor authentication server
Additional expertise a plus:
• Amazon Web Services
• SharePoint 2013/2016/Online
• SQL 2012/2014/2016
NO THIRD PARTIES, NO SUB-CONTRACTORS, NO CORP to CORP
Data Resource Technologies Inc. is an Information Technology Staffing Firm serving the markets of the United States of America; the greatest country in the world. We work with Direct Clients Only and do not participate in multi layer contracts. Earn The Most Possible and put over 60 years of Information Technology Industry experience to work for you today, Call or Apply NOW!!!
12020 Shamrock Plaza, Suite 200 Omaha, NE, 68154Contact