The Security Engineer will manage equipment and security processes that protect the integrity and confidentiality of client information by ensuring appropriate controls are in place to control data visibility. This position will engineer solutions for data visibility & loss prevention technologies in the information security environment and will support current and future designs. The security engineer is expected to work independently with internal clients and management on information security issues and strategies, Manage new and existing requirements involving Data Protection, and fully document processes and solutions.
Job Specific Responsibilities
• Engineering of the Symantec Data Loss Prevention product (both DIM and DAR) – including troubleshooting and deployment, policy and agent deployment strategies, network integration, testing and support
• Fundamental knowledge of firewalls, networking, operating systems, databases, and storage
• Experience with Unix/Linux (RHEL preferred) and/or Windows infrastructure Support and Engineering
o Alternatively, experience in desktop engineering and global agent deployment
• Scripting / programming knowledge (shell, batch, SQL, or others) – highly preferred
• Global Security or Application Enterprise Integration Engineering - preferred
• Research and development of mobile platform security solutions is a plus
• A solid understanding of Network and Endpoint Systems Scanning is a plus
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills with experience presenting information to groups.
• Member of team responsible for engineering of security solutions, to include, but not limited to:
o Laptops/Desktops (physical and virtual)
o Mobile platforms
o Email and network egress monitoring and activity
o Sensitive Data Scanning
o Global Deployment and Engineering Support
o Operational Support Handover
o Remediation Engineering and Support
o Basic understanding of programming/scripting (Python,bash,etc)
• Candidate must be highly ethical and act honorably, honestly, responsibly, and legally.
• Candidate must be able to weigh business needs against security concerns and articulate issues to customers and management.
• Candidate must have strong analytical, technical, and problem solving skills.
• Candidate must be able to manage time and priorities with multiple tasks and projects.
• Candidate must demonstrate leadership qualities and skills, including independent decision-making abilities.
• Candidate must be able to work with other engineers and departments in a positive, goal-directed manner.
Preferred Qualifications 5+ yrs. of related IT experience.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience and appropriate certifications.
NO THIRD PARTIES, NO SUB-CONTRACTORS, NO CORP to CORP
Data Resource Technologies Inc. is an Information Technology Staffing Firm serving the markets of the United States of America; the greatest country in the world. We work with Direct Clients Only and do not participate in multi layer contracts. Earn The Most Possible and put over 60 years of Information Technology Industry experience to work for you today, Call or Apply NOW!!!
12020 Shamrock Plaza, Suite 200 Omaha, NE, 68154Contact