Responsible for engineering activities that monitor, detect and alert on potential security threats and vulnerabilities to the company's telecommunications and signal processing hardware, software and electrical systems. Works closely with network engineering and technical operations staff as security threats and vulnerabilities are detected and coordinates the response to contain and mitigate the threat to Charter's network. Leads and coordinates the incident response process for network security operations and communicate event status to leadership. MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES
Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Implements processes and controls that acquire and correlate security relevant system and application log data to alert and report on potential security events.
- Monitors security dashboard alerts to identify and lead the response and mitigation activities for the security events.
- Implements, maintains and monitors threat intelligence data from various resources that is relevant to Charter's networks and systems.
- Recommends and coordinates the implementation of security counter-measures with the appropriate organizations.
- Designs and implements an effective vulnerability and configuration management infrastructure and processes to ensure that Charter's network and services are securely configured and appropriately protected.
- Analyzes and revises existing system logic to detect security threats.
- Coordinates and controls response to cyber incidents.
- Performs forensics analysis and evidence gathering for known security events.
- Designs and implements security systems and tools used by Network Security Operations and provides ongoing system support.
- Ensures compliance with security standards, policies and procedures.
- Adheres to industry specific local, state, and federal regulations, as applicable.
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language to communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, in person, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward, and professional manner
- Position requires in-depth knowledge of network and system security vulnerabilities and exploits
- Must understand what is required to prevent security exploits, how to detect security attacks and anomalies and how to respond to security incidents and intrusions
- Strong knowledge of forensic methodologies and best practices to investigate intrusions, preserve evidence and coordinate a unified security response
- Must have demonstrated experience in managing information security events and incidents for large and sophisticated networks
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities with the ability to work across functional boundaries, build consensus and drive results
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills and should have good presentation skills
- Must be a problem solver, able to balance competing priorities, have a strong process orientation and be able to manage through complexity and rapid change
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or related field or equivalent experienceRelated Work Experience
3 - 5 years IT/network
3 - 5 years Information security
1 - 2 years Information security operationsPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Current security certifications, such as CISSP, CEH, and SANS GIAC. Firewall, Intrusion Detection Systems, and router engineering
Botnet and Denial of Service detection and remediation
Ethical hacking and penetration testing
Security Information and Event Management (SIEM)
Computer forensicsWORKING CONDITIONS
24x7 Network operations support
May require some weekends and evening shift work
Minimal Travel Required