we are looking for a Senior Security Engineer with a strong systems and networking background for our direct client at Washington DC.Interested candidate may submit the resume in word format. The details of the requirement are given hereunder.
This individual will be responsible for installation configuration, and troubleshooting of security products, such as firewall gateways, upgrading network devices/IPS', and other endpoint technologies (McAfee EPO, Sourcefire, Cisco products for example). This role is a senior operational extension of the Security Operations Team and will work closely with Network Operations and other teams in design, deployment and support activities as well as ensuring proper instrumentation and management, documentation, training and hand offs are completed.
- 8 years of IT Engineering and Administrative experience.
- 5 years of experience with IP networking and security devices.
- Deploy, maintain, and troubleshoot firewalls, Intrusion Prevention Solutions, VPN appliances, event and log analysis, security change tracking and other network security systems and devices.
- Develop detailed documentation for operational use and customer reports.
- Stay up-to-date on security concepts and technologies.
- Ensure deliverables are produced on time according to specified project deliverables/scope.
- Expert knowledge on Security Platforms, network device maintenance/upgrades.
- Requires both remote and on-site work. Some after-hours work may be required due to maintenance windows and system availability.
- Applicant must be a US citizen and be able to pass a criminal background check.
- Strong background in network security.
- Strong Linux/Unix skills.
- Strong TCP/IP internetworking skills including a thorough understanding of application protocols.
- Hands-on experience with networking devices such as switches, routers, IPS'.
- Strong knowledge of security solutions and product lines.
- Scripting/coding skills a plus.
- Customer oriented, friendly and have the ability to work well within a diverse group of people.
- Strong problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent written, oral, and telephone communication skills.
- Team player and able to work under pressure.