The Cyber Security Solutions Manager is a critical member of the Enterprise Security Office. This position will function as the interface between the Chief Security Officer’s strategic and process-based activities and the work of the Security Engineers and Architects. The Security Engineer and Architecture Manager must be able to translate the security risk requirements and constraints of the business into technical control requirements and specifications, as well as develop metrics for ongoing performance measurement and reporting. This position will coordinate the technical engineering and architecture activities to implement and manage the security infrastructure, and to provide regular status and service-level reports to both IT management and the Chief Security Officer.
The Cyber Security Solutions Manager is a leadership role that requires an individual with a very strong technical background, as well as an ability to work with the IT and business organizations to align priorities and plans with key business objectives. The Security Engineering and Architecture Manager will represent the security engineering during IT and security planning initiatives to ensure that security measures are incorporated into strategic plans and that service expectations are clearly defined.
Expertise in leading project teams and developing and managing projects is essential for success in this role. In addition to supporting the CSO's policies and strategies, this role must be able to prioritize work efforts — balancing operational tasks with longer-term strategic intent.
This position is responsible for managing highly technical staff as they work to accomplish company and personal development goals and must, therefore, have proven leadership skills. Documentation and presentation skills, analytical and critical thinking skills, and the ability to identify needs and take initiative are key requirements of this position.
- Develop and oversee information security program and strategies that align with business goals and protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of Lennar’s information assets.
- Lead and manage the Security Engineering and Architecture team, utilizing modern methods and methodologies for task management, goal and priority setting.
- Work with the CSO and business stakeholders to define metrics and reporting strategies that effectively communicate successes and progress of the security engineering and architecture program.
- Propose changes to existing policies, procedures and standards to ensure operational excellence.
- Manage security production issues/incidents and participate in problem and change management forums.
- Lead in the research, evaluation, design, test, recommendation and implementation of new or updated security infrastructure and controls.
- Be responsible for managing the technical relationship with all technology vendors and partners. Establishing those relationships is key to ensuring such vendors become technology partners vested on Lennar’s success.
- This position is responsible for managing the entire security technology and architecture roadmap for Lennar. This includes the development of detailed technology plans, reference architectures and recognizing trends in technology.
- This position will be responsible for architecting secure solutions to Lennar’s business needs by leading the security
- Ability to “roll up sleeves” and work side by side with engineers and architects when the situation requires it.
- Manage and coordinate engineering components of incident management, health monitoring, incident response and reporting.
- Advise the CSO and business stakeholders of significant emerging threats and corresponding emerging technologies.
- Organize, participate in and, if required, chair post-incident reviews and root cause analysis.
- Develop reporting capabilities to communicate the progress and program activities to Lennar management, stake holders and Chief Security Officer.
- Hire and train new staff members, conduct performance reviews, provide leadership and coaching, including personal and professional development.
- Identify and evaluate cost reduction opportunities.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Minimum 8-10 years of progressive experience leading to developing and managing information technology and security programs in a mid to large-scale enterprise environments.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Security or related field is required.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) certification required. Both is highly preferred.
- Technical certifications on the following technologies are highly desired: Splunk, Palo Alto, Cylance, Proofpoint, Cloud security and other relevant technologies.
This is primarily a sedentary office position which requires the Security Risk and Compliance Manager to have the ability to operate computer equipment, speak, hear, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and carry up to 25 lbs. Finger dexterity is necessary.
- Be a confident thought leader in Cybersecurity technology and methodology.
- Conduct analysis and trending (reports, dashboards, etc.) on progress or events affecting the Lennar environment and information security in general.
- Considerable writing proficiency, oral presentation skills, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including executive-level presentations.
- Ability to deal effectively with a wide range of vendors, service providers, and regulatory agencies.
- Ability to facilitate productive meetings and work successfully in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in complex situations.
- Have the ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong commitment to customer service.
- Results oriented, high energy, self-motivated.
- Ability to work well under minimal supervision.
- Some travel may be required for internal, conference, customer, partner and vendor meetings.
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Reacts to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
- Ability to read communication styles of team members who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines.
- Persuasive, encouraging, and motivating.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
- Flexible during times of change.
- Ability to defuse tension among project team, should it arise.
- Ability to bring project to successful completion through organizational dynamics.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and operational skill sets.
- Strong customer service skills and focus required.
- Tenacious, driven, energetic and a high degree of professional integrity.
This description outlines the basic responsibilities and requirements for the position noted. This is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the Associates. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.