Security Leader at Vertica (U.S. REMOTE)Job Description:Job Title: Security Leader at Vertica (U.S. REMOTE)Location: Remote Eligible, can be located anywhere within the U.S.
Senior engineer, technologist, or researcher with broad industry experience who can speak with authority on multiple software engineering and security-related topics.
This role will require defining and delivering security practices and processes to ensure that agreed industry and corporate security standards are being followed and appropriate evidence is being generated for internal records as well as to support the sales and audit processes.
They will have a partner relationship with the centralized Micro Focus Product Security Group and work with a representative that is assigned to the Vertica business.Responsibilities:
Education and Experience Required:
- Represent the security interests of all products and services within the business unit.
- Ensure security-related processes, procedures and tools are installed, monitored, and effectively operating.
- Oversee security and compliance audits and training as necessary.
- Participate as a subject matter expert in architecture, design, and spec reviews with engineering.
- Lead information security-related incident tracking and reporting for sales and audit purposes.
- Work with central security team to ensure consistent application of policy, standards, and procedures.
- Demonstrates technical leadership, and exerts influence outside of the immediate team. Develops innovative team solutions to complex problems. Contributes to strategic direction for teams.
- Integrates technical expertise and business understanding to create superior solutions for the company and customers. Mentors and consults with team members and other organizations, customers, and vendors on complex issues.
- Support "Product-to-Market" process including approvals and exceptions.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Typically a technical Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience and a minimum of 10 years of related experience or a Master's degree and a minimum of 8 years of experience.
- Experience with Databases, Cloud, and SaaS.
- Proven experience in security and systems design.
- Demonstrated experience with incident response processes.
- Experience supporting the sales process as it relates to security topics.
- Experience managing ISO and SOC 2 compliance audits.
About our team
- Excellent leadership and management skills.
- Ability to work well in a global team environment and handle escalated events to provide incident analysis and response support.
- Communicates effectively with technical staff and non-technical staff.
- Strong consulting skills and ability to work with other teams to find common solutions or coordinate cross-discipline activities .
- Comfortable in customer-facing & sales-related meetings and activities.
The best ideas often come from fresh perspectives. At Vertica, our open-minded, diverse and inclusive team is always learning from each other. We approach intellectually challenging work with a "get it done" attitude. Vertica Engineers are given significant latitude and support to pursue what they are passionate about to make Vertica an even better place. If you are excited about building great technology with a proactive team, you will find yourself in good company at Vertica . About our product
Vertica provides a state-of-the-art Big Data Analytics platform that handles petabytes of data. It is a commercially successful, high performance, distributed database. Every industry is finding ways to benefit from data analytics.We continue to engineer our product to be flexible so that it supports all of them. Vertica is a recognized leader in analytics powering some of the world's most data driven organizations like Uber, Wayfair, Intuit, Cerner, and more. Our columnar, MPP, distributed database delivers unprecedented speed, petabyte scale, with analytics and machine learning functions built into the core.
We believe the future belongs to the fast. Join us for the ride!
Information TechnologyMicro Focus is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship or any other legally protected status