Taos is looking for a Senior Security Operations Center Engineer. In this role, you will combine operational and technical security knowledge to build and manage a SOC and threat monitoring program. While your primary role focuses on implementation and threat analysis, you will wear many hats and work on all facets of information security. You care about security, threat intel, and mitigating risk.
What you'll be doing
- Building out and managing the Globality SOC
- Enhancing Globality's SIEM - including implementing integrations with support systems
- Developing metrics, thresholds, alerts, dashboards, and incident response playbooks
- Working cross functionality to triage suspicious activity and drive remediation (performing L1-L3 duties as needed)
- Analyzing threat intelligence feeds to develop metrics, alerts, and techniques to protect against new and emerging attack vectors
- Supporting application security efforts, including security reviews and assessments
- Supporting our vulnerability management program, including expansion of existing coverage and review and remediation of identified vulnerabilities
- Developing internal playbooks and tabletops to train teams on how to handle common attack scenarios
- Communicating with security leadership and senior management on our security posture
- Looking for ways to innovate and improve existing processes
What you'll bring with you
Who is Taos?
- 5+ years in security, especially in operating or managing a SOC
- Experience working with various SIEM or threat intelligence systems
- Familiarity with common and latest forms of attacker techniques and tools, including detection and prevention techniques
- Direct experience developing thresholds, alerts, dashboards, and incident response playbooks
- Experience with security frameworks such as ISO 27001, SOC 2 Type 2, and CSA STAR
- Experience with security cloud environments, particularly AWS and Azure
- Ability to work cross functionally to integrate systems into the SOC and drive remediation
- Ability to design and implement approaches to detecting attack, including automation of triage and remediation
- Strong understanding of IP networking fundamentals, firewalls, and gateways/proxies
- Knowledge of SAST, penetration testing, and various vulnerability management tools
- Ability to adapt to shifting priorities, timelines, and different roles
- Strong written, verbal, and technical program management skills
- Openness to new ideas and a willingness to innovate
- Ability to operate effectively in a remote environment
Taos helps today's enterprises and rapidly growing businesses harness the power of the cloud and DevOps with digital transformation and optimization solutions. From Executive Leadership to our delivery teams, Taos listens, understands, and delivers best-in-class work. Our deep technical expertise and solutions-driven approach help address our client's biggest business challenges and opportunities. As a Global Leader of Cloud and DevOps, Taos continues to solve What's Next. Talent at our Core
Taos Consultants are adaptable problem-solvers, growth-minded doers, and lifelong learners.
Thanks to this mindset, we have helped thousands of clients achieve their goals and solve their challenges. From Cloud Architects to Security Analysts to DevOps Engineers, Taos is always seeking the best and brightest technical talent. Joining Taos gives you the opportunity to work with national enterprises and innovative Silicon Valley companies. Our model provides the support and benefits of full-time employment while giving you exposure to a variety of environments and technologies to sharpen your skills and deepen your technical expertise. These advantages combined with competitive benefits, continuous training and education, and a clear career progression path make Taos a great place to work.Referrals:
We love referrals so much that we pay for them! If you know someone that you would recommend, send an email to or Contact Us and we will do the rest! We'll make sure that you receive the $1000 referral bonus after they are employed with us.Compensation:
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, medical and dental insurance, 401k, paid vacation, sick time and holiday pay, plus loads of free training (Puppet, Chef, Nagios, LAMP Stack, PMP, ITIL, Python, etc.)!Equal Opportunity:
Taos Mountain, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Veterans are encouraged to apply!E-Verify Participant:
This employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. Please go to http://www.taos.com/join-our-team/ and review the E-Verify Participant and Right to Work links for more information.