About Kirkland & Ellis
Kirkland & Ellis LLP is a preeminent, full-service law firm with offices around the world and a staff as diverse as the practice areas we support. Our clients range from Fortune 100 companies to medium and small corporations, financial institutions, and private equity firms. Known for our commitment to excellence, Kirkland strives to provide superior service to our clients as well as our fellow employees. From Information Technology to Human Resources, Paralegal Services to Business Development, Kirkland offers non-attorney professionals challenging careers in a variety of functional areas. Whether starting or growing your career, Kirkland can offer a performance-driven culture filled with bright and innovative teams of co-workers. Essential Job Functions
The Security Operations Engineer role provides daily incident response in addition to providing 24x7 support and operational availability of Kirkland's security infrastructure. Responsibilities include the monitoring and investigation of security alerts, implementation of new security technologies, day-to-day operations, and change management of all deployed security technologies. Essential Functions:
(This list is not exhaustive and may be supplemented and changed as necessary.)
Qualifications & Requirements Education, Work Experience, Skills
- Analyze potential infrastructure security incidents to determine if incident qualifies as a legitimate security breach.
- Monitor and correlate security event log information to identify and detect anomalous activity.
- Document and conform to processes related to security monitoring, patching and incident response.
- Implement techniques using the most advanced technologies to hunt for the unknown threats in the environment
- Appropriately inform and advise management on incidents and incident prevention.
- Participate in knowledge sharing with other analysts and develop solutions efficiently.
- Upgrade security systems by monitoring security environment; identifying security gaps, evaluating and implementing enhancements.
- Enhance department and organization reputation by delivering quality results and exploring opportunities to increase value and raise awareness of Information Security Program.
- Partner closely with IT or business teams across the Firm to implement secure solutions that reduce business risk by ensuring confidentiality, integrity, and availability.
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in cybersecurity or other IT-related field
- At least four (4) years in an IT-related field or at least two (2) years working in cybersecurity required. Experience in an MSSP or SOC preferred.
- Programming and scripting skills such as PowerShell, Python, etc. preferred.
Certificates, Licensures, Registrations
- Microsoft Outlook, Word, & Excel required.
- Experience investigating security incidents using various security tools including EDR tools such as Carbon Black, CrowdStrike, or Cylance required.
- Experience with Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) such as Splunk, LogRhythm, or QRadar including event analysis, alert generation, investigations, and reporting preferred.
- Experience using file sandbox technology to detonate and analyze potentially malicious documents and executables preferred.
- Experience with other security-related technologies including Intrusion Prevention/Detection Systems, Firewalls, Content Filtering Technology, Vulnerability Scanning/Management Solutions preferred
- Comptia Security+, Network+, Cybersecurity Analyst
- GIAC Information Security Fundamentals or Security Essentials Certification
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
This job may operate in a hybrid workplace model. In office work is in a professional office environment and a high-speed internet connection is required to connect to our systems when working in a home office. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers. How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in Kirkland & Ellis LLP. To complete an application and submit your resume, please click "Apply Now." Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions, including the recruiting, hiring, placement, training availability, promotion, compensation, evaluation, disciplinary actions, and termination of employment (if necessary) are made without regard to the employee's race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, personal appearance, family responsibilities, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, political affiliation, source of income, place of residence, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, marital status, military veteran status, unfavorable discharge from military service, physical or mental disability, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Closing Statement
The www.kirkland.com job postings and recruiting mailbox are for candidates only. If you are a recruiter, search firm or employment agency, and do not have a signed contract with Kirkland & Ellis LLP ("K&E") and have not been asked specifically to submit candidates, you will not be compensated in any way for your referral of a candidate even if K&E hires the candidate. Direct contact with K&E employees in an attempt to present candidates is inappropriate and will be a factor in determining any future professional relationship with the Firm. #LI-Hybrid