Red Oak Technology is seeking a Security Project Manager for our client located in Sunnyvale, CA for a Contract position.
**Must be local candidate due to onsite interviews**
Our client operates the most used Root Program in the world, making default trust decisions on behalf of billions of internet users. Thus, they are seeking a Project Manager who understands Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) and internet security. You will work with many people internal and external with a wide range of technical expertise. You’ll author communications to public discussion forums, email lists, and review boards to ensure that decisions and up-to-date statuses are understood.
Responsibilities and Motivation
- Strive to improve the reliability of the WebPKI, favoring a consensus-based outcome whenever possible.
- Communicate and track program risks and problems, working with CAs to resolve problems that have been reported and are frequently time-sensitive.
- Drive ongoing program and process improvements to improve efficiency and automation for maintaining the data for the many CAs, their root certificates, and their intermediate certificates.
- Assist projects, CAs, or discussions that are stuck and drive them forward.
- Carefully review and evaluate Certificate Policy, Certificate Practice Statement, and audit documents.
- Working knowledge of certificate technical standards and CA audit standards (RFC 5280, WebTrust, ETSI TS, CA/Browser Forum) and the technology that drives security for the Web.
- Working knowledge of Web standards (TLS, Certificate Transparency, ACME) and the technology that drives the Web.
- Ability to take incompletely defined problems, and turn them into requirements and projects, distilling them into actionable items.
- 2-5 years working in a management or Program Management role.
- Excellent written and verbal technical English communication skills.
- CS or IT Security background.
- Knowledge of the workings of a publicly-trusted Certificate Authority
- Ability to interpret Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) standards and an understanding of IETF processes
- Experience using SalesForce or similar CRMs.
- Familiarity with systems such as Bugzilla, GitHub, and Atlassian Jira/Confluence.