Security Software Engineer
HPE Fortify Runtime Application Self-Protection (RASP) is a technology that helps applications detect and mitigate real-time security attacks. Our team develops agents that monitor running applications, block attacks in real-time, and send events to the AppDefender service. At Fortify you will work with bright, motivated teammates on solutions allowing applications to protect themselves in real-time from software vulnerabilities and exploits. Development and testing are done using agile methodologies and techniques.
Learn more about Fortify Runtime Application Self-Protection here:
Security from the Inside Out
AppDefender Application Self-Protection
Join us and you will
• Design and implement the next-generation RASP product.
• Maintain and enhance the capabilities of the existing agent, using good software engineering practices.
• Work closely with the AppDefender service team to provide a seamless interaction experience between the agent and the service.
• Write and execute test plans and documentation for features as they are implemented.
• Work with a project team of other software engineers and security researchers, to develop reliable, cost effective and high quality solutions.
• Collaborate and communicate with management and local / remote development partners regarding software systems design status, project progress, and issue resolution.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
• At least 3 years of software development experience.
The Ideal candidate will have
• Expertise in languages including Java and C#.
• Experience in PHP and Python is preferred.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• A passion for delivering high quality products.
• Experience with agile and modern software development tools.
• Experience with software systems running on multiple platform types.
• An awareness of software security issues is preferred.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery of English.
• Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, design proposals, and specifications.
• Hewlett Packard Enterprise Values:
Partnership first: We believe in the power of collaboration - building long term relationships with our customers, our partners and each other
Bias for action: We never sit still - we take advantage of every opportunity
Innovators at heart: We are driven to innovate - creating both practical and breakthrough advancements
HPE is an EOE / Female / Minority / Individual with Disabilities / Protected Veteran Status
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
You can also find us on: