Please note that this is a 2 month+ contract position.
Enterprise Security Solutions Engineer/Architect (Email) – Provide technical leadership to deliver enterprise security architecture, engineering, and implementation. This role is action and solution oriented with an emphasis on email protection.
- Experience with architecting, implementing and operating email protection services in large enterprises:
- Boundary messaging gateways
- Security add-on tools for Microsoft Exchange
- End-point solutions targeted specifically for email protection
- Provide guidance and leadership to determine, develop, plan, test, and implement email protection and security requirements for the enterprise
- Collaborate with business and IT staff to understand strategic and tactical business, application, or service requirements, then translate those into securely designed solutions
- Ability to propose and implement creative solutions to eliminate malicious (e.g. phishing) and unwanted email (e.g. spam, “graymail”)
- Provide complex technical guidance, oversight, and enforcement of security directives, policies, standards, plans, and procedures
- Cross-functional understanding of email operations, security practices and the user experience
- Develop project documentation including detailed security plans, security architecture designs, detailed security implementation and deployment plans, test plans, and security-focused operational procedures and training materials
- Prepare justifications and business cases for recommendations on CyberSecurity initiatives
- Good communication skills, both oral and written
- Develop and present program status / metrics to USPS management
- Identify roadblocks and propose effective solutions
- Provide guidance on integrating Presidential Executive Orders and governmentally mandated security controls into the strategic email security plan
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field required; Master’s degree in related field preferred.
- 8+ years’ of proven experience improving enterprise messaging systems and reducing email threats and unwanted messages
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 9 years of professional experience; or 7 years of professional experience with a related Master’s degree; or 5 years experience Required with a related PhD or JD. Considered career, or journey, level.
Must possess a Bachelors Degree or Masters Degree, PhD or JD in Computer Science, Information Technology or Information Security
CERTIFICATIONS: (One or more required)
-CompTIA Security +
-CPTE - Certified Penetration Testing Engineer or CEH - Certified Ethical Hacker
-CISA - Certified Information Systems Auditor
Applicants must provide their phone number. Please reference job number 2924.
San Francisco, CA, 94159Contact