In an era of dynamic change in space, Aerospace is addressing a generation of complex challenges. We operate the only federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) committed exclusively to the space enterprise. Our technical experts span every discipline of space-related science and engineering. Join our team and thrive in a career that matters to the world and you personally.
Responsible for ensuring successful security and safety programs are in place by implementing programs for protecting classified and unclassified sensitive information. Performs specialized duties in one or more security disciplines.
Demonstrates behavior that is consistent with the company's values of Dedication to Mission Success, Technical Excellence, Commitment to Our People, Integrity and Objectivity.Key Functions:
• Administers executes and ensures adherence to company and government regulations, policies and procedures regarding the protection of certain programs.
• Assists in designing, implementing, and conducting security, training, briefings, and education programs.
• Conducts investigations of known or suspected security infractions/violations and recommend corrective actions.
• When necessary, provides physical security requirements for all construction projects and modifications.
• Provides technical support for alarms and systems. Establishes a process for alarm response and repair. Compiles system security plans in accordance with government regulations. Conducts system audits and reviews.
• Assists with conducting various physical security survey's and assessments
• Works with government customers to ensure physical security requirements are met and sustained
• Conducts semi-annual alarm testingRequired:
• Typically 5 or more years of relevant experience with a High School Diploma or equivalent
• Experience in Microsoft Office applications including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
• Experience with security and safety programsPreferred:
• Customer service orientation
• Must work well in a team environment
• Must be detail-oriented
• Ability to prioritize tasks and projects
• Must possess strong organizational skills
• Ability to handle multiple priorities and projects at one time
• Effective interpersonal skills to coordinate efforts and work with other internal and external organizations
• Demonstrated flexibility and ability to adapt to changing organizational needs
• Strong written and oral communication skillsPhyscial Requirements/Work Environments:
• Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
• Ability to use a computer to complete assignments.
• Ability to communicate with individuals and groups in person, by phone and telepresence.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee will typically work in an office environment.Ways We Reward Our Employees
During your interview process, our team will provide all the details of our industry-leading benefits and career development opportunities. A few highlights include:
- A work environment built on teamwork, flexibility and respect
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career, as well as tuition reimbursement
- Variable pay program for exceptional contributions
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans for your entire family
- Flextime and virtual work options (if applicable)
- 401(k) Savings Plan featuring a company match, regardless of whether you contribute
- Paid holidays and paid time off
- Flexible spending accounts
- Relocation assistance (if applicable)
We are all unique, from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life, yet one thing bonds all of us to each other-the belief that we can make a difference. This core belief empowers us to do our best work at The Aerospace Corporation.Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
. You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law
and the supplement
, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement