Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the worlds leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local markets. Every day, our 22,000 employees do the cant be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our customers.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.
As a government contractor, Peraton abides by the following provisionPay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of the other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c). Responsibilities
Peraton is looking for a Security System Engineer to provide critical Data Governance Security System Engineering and ensure communication and collaboration for a variety of missions for worldwide users through the deployment of computer, telephony and voice/video and data networks. This position is a critical role on a high profile, dynamic team with job responsibilities for this position including but not limited to the following:
- Identifies and mitigates vulnerabilities using alternate or compensating controls if necessary.
- Supports, monitors, tests, and troubleshoots IA software issues in conjunction with other IA staff to ensure timely response actions to security incidents.
- Recognizes potential security violations, takes appropriate action to report the incident as required by regulation, and mitigates any adverse impact. Implements applicable patches including IA vulnerability alerts (IAVA), IA vulnerability bulletins (IAVB), and technical advisories (TA) for assigned operating system(s).
- Under general supervision of a network manager, uses experience and judgment as well as existing policies and regulations to provide network environment (NE) and advanced level computing environment support to include perimeter controls, internal network monitoring, sensor implementation and analysis.
- TS/SCI level clearance required.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business or Mathematics.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) certification.
- Position requires at least five (5) years of experience in the above-cited duties. There is no substitution with education or experience in the above-cited duties