Security Systems Administrator (Fortinet & CheckPoint / Systems Support) - must be eligible for a Public Trust Clearance!
Remote to start, then onsite in Cary, NC once COVID restrictions lift
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for resume consideration
The primary goal of this position is to be a technical leader in the support of the Managed Services Infrastructure security role. Responsibilities include a wide range of activities including the planning, implementation, design, capacity management and operational support for the security platforms and network supporting Managed Services applications and tools.
You will collaborate with Operations Systems Support, Infrastructure, Project teams, IT, Operations, Threat Management, Compliance and Product teams. Activities including but not limited to Change, Incident, Problem and Risk Management. You will be expected to own and drive resolution of highly complex user and application issues both during normal business hours and off-hour escalations or maintenance activities.
*Under minimal supervision, this engineer will be responsible for translating functional business requirements into a technical solution that conforms to global design standards.
*Research developments in their assigned technology disciplines, determines business requirements, proposes changes, and develops migration and implementation plans as needed.
*Understand and effectively articulate the implications and impact that proposed architectural changes will have on the business.
*Develop lab scenarios to mock user environments and test components of proposed solutions.
*Install, test, maintain, and upgrade security systems software and hardware and supporting network equipment in accordance with department policies.
*Understand and effectively articulate the implications involving PCI, SSAE16 SOC and FISMA compliance including direct involvement with auditors.
What were looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor degree and minimum of 5 years experience; or 7+ years of relevant work experience with security platforms and compliance programs.
* Must have or be able to obtain a GSA clearance.
* Proven leadership skills in an enterprise security or network role.
* Advanced knowledge with Fortinet and Cisco security architectures.
* Advanced Experience with configuration, deployment, and administration of Fortinet firewalls.
* Experience planning and implementing enterprise security solutions using Fortinet firewalls with Cisco networking routers and switches.
* Intermediate working knowledge of network and security managed services and management systems.
* Willingness to be on call and varying work hours, including weekends holidays.
* Solid teamwork and interpersonal skills and ability to communicate verbally and in writing with customers, associates, vendors, and management.
* Deliver results under pressure.
* Strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills.
Even better if you have:
* Intermediate knowledge of Cisco networking environments.
* Experience with Checkpoint and Cisco firewalls.
* Checkpoint, Fortinet and/or Cisco certifications.
* Experience in ISO 27001 and SSAE16 SOC compliance.
* Experience with Splunk, BMC discovery and Nessus platforms.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at email@example.com or 844-463-6178.