ASSYST is looking a qualified Physical Access Security Specialist with experience/capabilities in (Access Control software, Video CCTV software, and Alarm Center software) programming, troubleshooting to support on-going systems development and streamlining of the systems within the Security Services Division and administrative processes. This position will support our Local Government customer's Law Enforcement Department and will be working within the Public Safety Department.
- Maintain the ID badge workstation, create ID cards for all county employees on a regular basis for 52 departments within County as required.
- Generate different types of access levels and access types for county facilities.
- Streamline the data in the workstation such as unnecessary department titles, access levels or employees who have retired or terminated their employment with the County.
- Activate building access for employees upon request of department directors and managers.
- Identify any issues or changes made to the ID card workstation within the Kantech Entrapass System, SIS Alarm Center Software or Viconet CCTV Software or similar Access control, surveillance and alarms systems
- Enter proper data into the alarm software system after EAI generates alarm codes for each county facility as required.
- Create new access levels to expand the access levels in the Kantech Workstation, prepare inquiry reports for access cards, alarm usage history, and CCTV cameras and submit to them to the proper authority. Position employees by their groups in the workstation when needed to get further information about their ID access. Contact department personnel as required about getting authorized signatures for the ID card application and retain at the workstation for proper security.
- Respond to employee via emails, phone calls, and in person regarding questions related to ID badges, access levels, meetings, building security issues, policies and procedures.
- Check all door contacts at each facility throughout the county for proper working order via the Kantech Entrapass System.
- Assist Rockville Core Parking with ID card information for all employees when granting security access to the parking garages.
- Adjust holiday schedules in the card access system according to each department’s needs.
- At least 4 years in Experience programming, troubleshooting, assigning access levels and software management systems such as Kantech Entrapass Systems, SIS Alarm Center Software or Viconet CCTV Software or similar access control, surveillance and alarms systems experience.
- Experience utilizing ID card badging systems, creating ID cards, maintaining the ID database applications of employees.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access and Power Point) and web-based programs to record access, manipulate and present data and information.
- Experience dealing with a variety of stakeholders to provide levels of access and types of access for facilities.
Note: Selected candidates will be subject to a background check by the County Department of Police Personnel Division
ASSYST is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.