Bering Straits Native Corporation (BSNC) is a recognized leader in providing Technical and Program Management Services, Information Technology, and Logistics Services and Support.
BSNC has enabled their Government and Commercial clients to achieve their organizational initiatives through the application of high quality, innovative, and cost effective professional services and solutions. We provide a positive working environment, with opportunities for advancement in our growing Federal sector workforce.
We offer an excellent compensation package, which includes a generous salary, insurance (medical, dental, etc.), paid leave, 401k plan and more. We are committed to the diversity we bring to the marketplace by being an EEOC/AA employer (M/F/D/V) that believes customer satisfaction comes first.
BSNC, is currently seeking a qualified Security Technical Writer for one of our federal clients located in Washington, DC. The ideal candidate for this job will serve as a Security Technical Writer within the Agency s Cyber-Security Policy, Monitoring and Engineering Departments. The Security Technical Writer reports to the Program Manager and is responsible for designing, writing, and implementing new documentation, as well as reworking existing documentation. The Technical Writer manages the full lifecycle of the publication process. He or she is also responsible for developing graphics and performing all tasks to ensure that documents meet government requirements. At a basic level, the Security Technical Writer ensures that Agency s IT Policy communications comply with Federal guidelines and standards, and convey a professional, capable image to Agency s management and customer community. The ideal candidate will have experience with creating multiple types of customer and technician-oriented documentation, including interactive documents, and will be familiar with the documentation needs of a secure enterprise environment.
- Design and write Agency s IT Policy publications, policy guidelines, reference materials, process guidelines, and user-community communications.
- Edit documentation produced by subject matter experts for clarity, tone, and impact.
- Interview relevant subject matter experts (SMEs) to identify the needs of the agency s security departments as well as the CIO as a whole and produce accurate Policy documentation.
- Develop policy and procedural documentation around the implemented solutions to address the agency Plan of Action & Milestones (POA&Ms)
- Design and create forms.
- Configure documents for compliance with Section 508 accessibility requirements.
- Research and develop the use of publication tools for Agency s IT Policy documentation needs.
- Design publications for a range of media, from print-based to interactive and web-based.
- Research source information to prepare documentation.
- Act as conduit for communications to Agency s management and employees.
- Design graphics, icons, and branding for agency publications and products.
- Design style guidelines and documentation templates.
- As necessary, participate in application design, error detection, and project management.
- Perform any necessary supervisory duties for writing-oriented initiatives.
- Track and manage writing projects to meet short-term and long-range milestones.
- The candidate will work with the Program Manager, Project Manager, and engineers to execute these goals, and is responsible for delivering the tasks accurately and on time.
- Bachelor s Degree in a related field; or equivalent post high school education, military and/or work related experience.
- Several years of experience as an security technical writer, technical writer, editor, and publication designer.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong technical aptitude and quick learning aptitude.
- Ability to express complex subjects in a clear manner, both verbally and visually.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to interface with all levels of management.
- Excellent time management, scheduling, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work well independently or in a team setting.
- Attention to detail.
- Basic project-management knowledge.
- Experience with managing multiple tasks associated with large projects.
- Background in documentation problem-solving and designing for specific user or audience needs.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications (including Access, EXCEL, PowerPoint, and Word).
- Ability to create document illustrations and graphics using tools such as Adobe Illustrator and Microsoft Visio.
- Understanding of Federal Section 508 requirements and experience with creating documents that meet Section 508 compatibility guidelines.
- Understanding of ITIL and PMBoK methodologies and how to work within a team environment, leverage resource and time management to achieve project milestones and meet schedule deadlines.
- Familiarity with the following Adobe applications: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Flash, Dreamweaver, LiveCycle
CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS: Secret or the ability to obtain or maintain a Secret level clearance (Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Accordingly, U.S. Citizenship is required.)
Shareholder Preference. BSNC gives hiring, promotion, training and retention preference to BSNC shareholders, BSNC shareholder descendants and BSNC shareholder spouses, in that order.
Bering Straits Native Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/ AA/ Male/ Female/ Disability/ Vets employer.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program. We are a drug free workplace.