Our Client is looking for a collaborative, passionate UX Researcher to create understanding and empathy around user needs in the automotive space. As a UX Researcher, you will work alongside product managers, engineers, and designers to identify and address new and existing research gaps with the appropriate techniques. You will be responsible for conducting primary research, exploring the behaviors and motivations of our users through methods like field visits, ethnography, surveys, and usability testing. You will also be required to communicate the results of your research to cross-functional teams. The position is a perfect fit for candidates who are self-motivated, and excited about working in the rapidly evolving automotive space.
• Work closely with product teams to identify research topics.
• Design studies that address both user behavior and attitudes.
• Generate insights that both fuel ideation and evaluate designs.
• Identify the best method or mix of methods based on research questions, timeline and resourcing.
• Develop metrics that appropriately reflect the user experience quality of a feature, product or system.
• Create research roadmaps using a variety of appropriate techniques.
• Work cross-functionally with design, product management, and engineering to communicate results and recommendations, and advocate on behalf of our customers.
Must Have Skillets:
• BS in HCDE, Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, or similar, and 7+ years’ professional experience in related field.
• End-to-end experience with all aspects of research (study design, recruiting, moderation, analysis, reporting).
• Knowledge of the field of human-computer interaction, experimental design, observational and field methods and data analysis.
• Graduate degree in HCDE, Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, or similar.
• A strong portfolio demonstrating past work experience and deliverables (e.g.: study plans, reports).
• The ability to work autonomously, and multi-task in an agile environment.
• Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills; the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
• Demonstrated thought-leadership with a passion for translating data into action.
• Strong grasp of quantitative data analysis and statistics.
• Experience in multimodal systems design research.
• A thorough understanding of the relationship between business, technology and user experience and role of user research
Location: Mountain View, CA
Type: 1+ year contract
Submit resumes to: jobs (at) osiengineering.com
1999 S. Bascom Avenue, Suite 800 Campbell, CA, 95008Contact