Job Title: Software Quality Engineer
Location: Englewood Cliffs, NJ
Job Type: Contract to hire
Contact Info: Ella Blank - email@example.com - 201-786-2414
This is a contract to hire position. Candidates must be eligible to work in the US for any employer.
- Software Quality Engineers (SQE) testing infrastructure and write code to examine and validate largescale software development and deployments.
- As an SQE, you partner with software developers to create and code tests concurrently with product development. You build tools that help developers be more productive, write better code and test it themselves. Troubleshooting is an understatement; it's more like trouble forecasting.
- The SQE will also act as a representative of the Software Quality Engineering Team in scrum meetings and provide input on how to provide better quality coverage for the applications supported.
- Work in an Agile Software Delivery methodology highly focused on developing automated tests within an iteration.
- Work with the project team to drive Test Driven Development where modules that are being worked on are tested right away for immediate feedback
- Provide a risk assessment on the defects identified and set the correct priority and severity.
- Automation is NOT the only mechanism for quality. As an SQE, you are expected to perform ad-hoc/exploratory tests from a feature as well as regression testing
- Ability to develop and execute perform Performance Tests
Qualifications:*******emphasis on API automation testing*******
- 3+ years of solid working experience on developing Test automation scripts specifically object-oriented frameworks (Selenium/Webdriver, TestNG, Java)
- 1+ year(s) of experience with Continuous Integration, Jenkins
- 1+ year(s) of experience as a test engineering within an Agile environment
- 3+ years of experience in a testing role
- 2+ years of web testing experience
- 2+ year of API level testing experience
- 2+ years of Performance testing experience using JMeter
All offers of employment at TechLink, Inc. are contingent upon clear results of a thorough background check. Background checks will be conducted on all final candidates. Background checks will include: Social Security Verification, Prior Employment Verification, Professional References, Educational Verification, Criminal History, Motor Vehicle Records and e-verify