Lead DevOps, Cloud Infrastructure, Menlo Park, CA
The JLL Digital Products team aims to bring successful technology-based products to market in a high-growth environment. The team's mission is focused on accelerating technology adoption in commercial real estate by bringing creative, innovative and technical solutions to solve large, complex problems for our clients.
The DevOps Lead is a leadership position with the Digital Products team, responsible for defining the key framework components for JLL's cloud environment as well as leading the DevOps team. This position requires interaction with the Account Leadership team, Client, Vendors, Operational, and Support staff and will be a fast paced environment consistent with handling multiple management demands.What this job involves:
Sound like you? Before you apply it's worth knowing what we are looking for:
- Defining the framework components for JLL's cloud environment
- Ensuring that the infrastructure is highly scalable, reliable, and monitored
- Keeping close tabs on running costs and finding ways to optimizing these
- Hiring and retaining top DevOps talent
- Building a relationship with Cloud providers, in order to take advantage of their most appropriate technology offerings
- Collaborating with the Dev Leads to ensure that the dev team's needs are met through the CI/CD framework, component monitoring and stats, incident escalation, etc,.
- Ensuring that the production environment is rock solid and that there is a clear escalation path in case of production issues
- Keeping close tabs on the security of the production environment, especially as it relates to sensitive customer data and credentials
- Conducting security certifications of the production environment as required by the business
- Instill "infrastructure as code" mentality in the DevOps team overall
What you can expect from us:
- Experience working at a Product company
- Deep experience with one or more public clouds (AWS, GCP, Azure), GCP preferred
- Architected and implemented various components of cloud framework for enterprise class applications (B2B, B2C)
- Hands on knowledge of CI/CD, Container Orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes), Monitoring/Alerting, Security best practices, automated deployments, etc.
- Hands-on scripting in bash and/or Python
- Keeps up with the everchanging DevOps landscape and makes thoughtful recommendations on the infrastructure
- Experience with platform security, penetration and vulnerability testing, and security audits; SSAE 16/18 certification highly desirable
- Excellent communication skills
- Keen focus on optimizing cost of running infrastructure
- BS in EE or CS
We're an entrepreneurial, inclusive culture. We succeed together-across the desk and around the globe. We believe the best inspire the best, so we invest in supporting each other, learning together and celebrating our success.
Our Total Rewards program reflects our commitment to helping you achieve your ambitions in career, recognition, well-being, benefits and pay. We'll offer you a competitive salary and benefits package.
With us, you'll develop your strengths and enjoy a career full of varied experiences. We can't wait to see where your ambitions take you at JLL.
#dibotJLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL's recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here
Jones Lang LaSalle ("JLL") is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process - including the online application and/or overall selection process - you may email us at Accommodation.Reques@am.jll.com
. This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us
page > I want to work for JLL.