Jellyfish, delivers digital marketing solutions across the world for a host of impressive brands from their offices in the US, Europe, and South Africa. The agency’s award-winning combination of technology and talent help it to deliver paid media, UX, SEO, social media, analytics, optimization, creative and development solutions.
Jellyfish is looking for a Senior/Lead Front End Developer to work within our Reston, VA Office. If you enjoy design, coding, sharing ideas and love being part of a collaborative team within a growing, international agency, then this is the role for you.
Day to day you’ll be working with our dedicated Project Management team and internal studio. You’ll be responsible for building different applications and sites for our external clients and several Jellyfish-owned products and services. We add to these all the time so there’ll always be new challenges to work with.
- Create standards-compliance, cross browser compatible CSS & HTML code.
- Provide strong problem-solving skills, including troubleshooting production systems.
- Define, maintain and implement style guides, standards, reusable markup and best practices for client-side coding.
- Creating, editing or modifying templates for a CMS or web development framework.
- Testing cross-browser, cross-platform, and/or cross-device compatibility for inconsistencies.
- Ability to explore and introduce new Front End API’s
- High attention to detail, excellent organization skills and efficient problem solver.
- Coach and mentor, including code reviews, mock projects, and tutelage for middleweight and junior team members.
- Familiar executing projects following Agile and Waterfall principles
- Testing for compliance to specified standards such as accessibility standards in the client's region or domain.
- Comfort with working in time management systems and leveraging centralized communication channels for project collaboration
- Conducting observational user testing, or reviewing designs against usability heuristics.
- A proactive attitude to problem solving and an understanding of the role of development in a creative environment.
- Be willing to work in a research capacity – to find and test and critically review open-source frameworks and technologies.
Skills & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 7+ years of experience
- Digital marketing agency experience a plus
- Experience in a front-end developer role, with substantial experience and application of:
- HTML5, XHTML, XML
- CSS3 and pre-processors such as SASS
- Debugging code effectively
- CMS Integration
- Performance optimization
- Experience of using Github
- Command line experience preferred
- Understanding of how large MVC Applications function
- TDD / BDD experience a plus
- Knowledge of Concrete5, Joomla, WordPress, Drupal and other similar CMS frameworks
- Backend development experience preferred in either PHP, C#, Node.js or Ruby
- Understanding and application of User Experience (UX) principle
- Understanding of Linux CLI and general knowledge of working with MySQL through a similar interface
- Experience with handling the difference between desktop and mobile browser as well as the techniques for building web apps to run on both