Job#: 1259711 Job Description:
Principal Scientist, Gene Editing 1259711
Job Scope & Purpose:
Our client is seeking highly motivated and talented Principal Scientist to join its growing team. Successful candidates must demonstrate advance knowledge of the principles, concepts and practice of gene-editing in pluripotent stem cells.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Plan, manage, execute, and deliver gene-editing projects that include defining project milestones, designing experiments to test hypotheses, analyzing and interpreting data, assuming responsibilities for timely completion of the project, and responding appropriately to changes of priorities.
- Provide technical expertise for deletion, overexpression, and correction of target genes in pluripotent stem cells
- Optimize and troubleshoot procedures and develop protocols to guide internal work
- Hands-on supervision and training of research associates engaged in the gene-editing team and ensure that delegated work complies with internal standards
- Collaborate closely with scientists from cross-functional teams to coordinate workflows and report to head of R&D
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- PhD with 5+ years of academic or industry experience in cell and molecular biology or related discipline.
- Strong background in cell and molecular biology and excellent expertise in gene-editing techniques
- Extensive experience with mammalian cell culture and developing cell-based assays
- Experience in multicolor flow cytometry and fluorescent microscopy
- Demonstrated ability to lead and work effectively across multi-functional groups
- Demonstrated experience in managing scientists and their respective teams
- Demonstrated excellence in planning, executing, and analyzing experiments
Whether you are seeking a career change or simply interested in becoming part of our network, you will appreciate the ethics guiding each Stratacuity team member. We build lasting relationships with exceptional biopharmaceutical talent and take great care to protect your personal information. Upon receiving your inquiry, you may be directly contacted by a Stratacuity team member to discuss your career goals. We will not share your information with anyone without your direct prior consent.
PROVEN SCIENTIFIC PLACEMENT™
Stratacuity is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Stratacuity will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact us.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at