Vertex Pharmaceuticals is seeking an Application Development Lead Analyst to join the Global Information Services (GIS) Scientific Computing team in San Diego, CA. We invite a highly motivated and independent individual to help interface with our Research Scientists in developing custom software solutions. The candidate should have demonstrated experience in developing software solutions that address challenging problems within the Pharmaceutical/Biotech Research area, particularly in supporting high throughput screening (HTS) data analysis and visualization workflows. A Masters or PhD in Biology, Biochemistry, or Chemistry is preferred. Our primary focus is on developing web applications using Angular, Vue or Ext JS frameworks, with Python middle layer and MySQL or Oracle back end.
The initial part of the responsibilities will be to help migrate existing code in ColdFusion to our new frameworks. This will feed into a larger effort to build a modern data platform to support the scientific activities at Vertex. You will work with many of the brightest people around, from our multidisciplinary team in GIS, to our partners in Research, Data Science, and Computational Sciences. Minimum Qualifications
- 6+ years experience in software development, preferably at a pharmaceutical or biotech company
- Demonstrated web development expertise, using Angular, Vue, or ExtJS frameworks
- Scientific background in Biology, Biochemistry, or Chemistry
- Experience in api development and data virtualization is a plus
- Experience with project management, data visualization and/or UI/UX is a plus