CGI seeks a Senior .NET Application Developer.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
5 plus years Hands-on experience in Software Development as a software developer, developing Web Applications.
• Understanding of SDLC processes, spanning requirements/issue management, defect tracking, source control, build and test automation, and release management
• Experience with designing and developing applications using .NET development platform (C#, ASP.Net).
• Strong knowledge of fundamental database concepts (e.g. schema design and query optimizing)
• Working knowledge of ORM tools like Dapper or Entity Framework.
• Strong knowledge of software version control (GIT) concepts and change management processes.
• Strong knowledge of MVC and Web Development best practices
• Strong knowledge of Web Services Development best practices
• Experience with front end development using JQuery, CSS, HTML 5
• Experience in Application Security Code Review and/or Application Vulnerability Assessment
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Team player with ability to work in a rapidly changing environment utilizing good time management and prioritization skills, while maintaining high quality and being flexible to customer needs and timelines
**We support the client from 8AM-5PM PST, who is located in San Diego, CA.
• Ability to working effectively and collaboratively with others to achieve common goals
• Able to multitask and work effectively with minimal supervision
• Self-motivated performer with a desire to work on a project team, learning and developing software features
• Experience with Java
• Experience with ETL
• Demonstrated experience and understanding of TFS
• Experience with designing and developing applications using Windows workflow
Your future duties and responsibilities
• As a Developer, you will be responsible for development, support, maintenance and implementation of complex project modules.
• Lead and responsible for translating software requirements into workable web based applications, including writing specifications and designing, building, testing, implementing, and supporting applications using .NET and Java programming languages and development tools.
• Lead and participate in project planning sessions with technical and functional leads, business analysts and other team members to analyze business requirements and outline the proposed IT solution.
• Lead and participate in design reviews and provide input to the design recommendations; incorporate security requirements into design; and provide input to data flow.
• Lead and participate in code reviews and ensure that all solutions are aligned to pre-defined architectural specifications; identify/troubleshoot application code-related issues.
• Lead and provide hands-on day-to-day coaching and support for junior software team personnel in all phases of a project including aspects such as systems architecture, reuse, development processes, technical direction, mentoring of the team.
• Act independently as a technical advisor on the most specialized phases of system design, programming, implementation, and analysis; leads and participates in major system design, development and implementations.
• Gather system requirements and develop specifications, Write code according to specifications, Quality review of others' code or designs, Diagnose and fix bugs in conjunction with QA team
• Lead and participate in troubleshooting issues simple and complex incidents and problems with limited knowledge. Leveraging prior experience and leading a team to identify solutions to resolve outages and technical operational issues.
We understand that success in the IT services business is contingent on retaining and attracting the best talent - talent like you. At CGI, our team of professionals is dedicated and driven to help our clients succeed.
At our Lafayette Center, we are looking for experienced professionals and graduating students interested in IT careers, focusing on those with demonstrated experience in IT and business, strong problem-solving abilities, and excellent interpersonal skills.
While most companies have a vision and mission, CGI goes a step beyond. We have a company dream: "To create an environment in which we enjoy working together and, as owners, contribute to building a company we can be proud of." This dream emphasizes the enjoyment and ownership principles that are essential to CGI's success.
In fact, we strive to create an environment where our professionals enjoy working together and feel empowered and engaged as owners to build their company and grow their careers. This dream as well as our values are what set us apart -