At Schwab, we aim to transform people's lives by changing the way the world invests. We design innovative investing solutions for the consumer on Main Street and take pride in our consumer-focused culture of quality and excellence. Our software engineers are hands-on developers who excel in a dynamic, fast-moving, and agile environment. We are passionate about developing high quality, high performance, and scalable design system. Sound like a team you'd like to be a part of. Let's connect! We have opportunities for front-end focused engineers.
Workplace Flexibility Program: We're proud to support our employees in a working approach that allows you to bring your best self to work - whether that's in the office or remote. When the firm is ready to fully return to the office, employees will have the flexibility of a hybrid work environment, spending some time working remote and sometime in the office. Employees and managers can discuss and decide what works best for them, with additional flexibility available based on their role, business needs, and individual circumstances.
*Subject to change as Schwab is continually evaluating the current environment in order to best care for the safety and well-being of our employees. What you are good at
What you have
- Work closely with architects and business partners to define Agile stories for new capabilities
- Perform thorough design reviews and code reviews
- Provide technical direction and support to the rest of your team
- Hands on coding, unit testing and production issue solving
- Lead design and implementation of new stories and bug fixes
- Participate in product roadmap discussions and long-term planning for your team
- Develop tools and practices that will increase the efficiency of your team
- Mentor junior staff in the team and help them reach their career goals
- Partnering with fellow developers, product owners, technical leads and architects
Why work for us?
- 5-7 years of .Net C# application development experience and experience mentoring/assisting junior team developers on team
- Proven experience developing and implementing applications, particularly web-enabled applications using: Back End Technologies/Concepts: .NET, .NET core (minimum 3 years), C# and RESTful API design, Micro-Services and Event-drive driven architecture and frameworks
- Database Technologies/Concepts: Relational (SQL/Oracle)
- Environment: Distributed Monolithic and Cloud Based Micro-services (Private Cloud/Pivotal Cloud Foundry is strongly differentiating)
- Passion for enterprise-level agile development
- Solid understanding in web application environments and development tools, event-driven application development, session state management, web configuration and deployment strategies, security and performance tuning, and debugging methodologies
- Comfortable with continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD) concepts, unit testing principles and implementations, API test automation techniques as well as automated deployment pipeline tools
- Experience with Atlassian tool suite is strongly preferred: JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket, Bamboo
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Effective time management. Must be able to prioritize and multi-task effectively
- Have a passion for problem solving, the ability to quickly learn new concepts, and must be able to interact with all levels of technical and business teams
- Proven ability to work independently while serving in a leadership role within a team
- Be a team player, self-motivated and able to work collaboratively across organizations and geographic locations
- BS or higher in computer science or related technical field
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home-today and in the future. Explore further .
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at or call.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.