CGI seeks a Senior Software Engineer to work in a Scrum team environment, developing and maintaining a critical enterprise web application. The candidate will contribute to the design, implementation, and testing of the software and collaborate with others who develop world class software that impacts the lives of patients. Development will be performed using the .NET platform with C# as the primary language. Proficiency with object oriented design and development of n-tier architectures using C#.
We are looking for Pittsburgh area candidates with a minimum of 10 years of experience developing customer facing software applications Your future duties and responsibilities
Provide Software Engineering Development consulting services, either at the client's location or in our Pittsburgh office, by leading and participating in the solution development, implementation and project closeout at customer sites
* Interact with various levels of client stakeholders and communicate project deliverables to the appropriate level (Director level and higher)
* Recommend solution approaches based on sound judgement in evaluating different/ alternative approaches
* Serve as a "Product Owner" capacity in applying broad application and system architecture and design capabilities over many technologies to implement secure, robust, transactional and service oriented architectures
* Act as a technical lead in an Agile/Scrum environment, who oversees and mentors a small to mid-size CGI and/or client staff team who develop system-related components
* Solve complex problems without introducing regressions
* Communicate effectively with clients and interact with client's Senior Management Team
* Work independently within the client's environment Required qualifications to be successful in this role
We are looking for Pittsburgh area candidates with a minimum of 10 years of experience developing customer facing software applications
* C# .NET middle tier
* Web Services
* Web API
* Relational Databases (preferably SQL Server)
* Reporting (such as ActiveReports 10)
* Installers (such as InstallShield, ClickOnce)
* .NET Framework (3.5, 4.0, 4.5)
* Visual Studio (2010, 2012, 2013, 2015)
A Four year Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or other relevant field. Experience may be considered in lieu of completed Degree.#LI-TS1 Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change--supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, gender Identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, or other status protected by law. CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.
* User Interface Design
* Web Development